View Poll Results: What do you think about the premium accounts?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are too expesive

61 58.10%
  • I will buy them first thing on live

8 7.62%
  • I wish to see them implemented and then ill think about it

19 18.10%
  • I am indifferent

17 16.19%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Premium Accounts Poll!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    So wait...You want us to 'subscribe' and STILL pay money for gem items?

Pfft.
    Sounds like there is some confusion over this situation.

You don't even actually need to part with cash for these items, just like other gem items in game, you can actually trade the premium days, so if you're savvy enough, you can simply just trade your way to success with this new addition! (But yes, at some point someone will have had to have parted with gems to purchase them in the first place)
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Sandycove
    "(But yes, at some point someone will have had to have parted with gems to purchase them in the first place)"

But even this can be done from the free gems given for a save up of daily log-ins

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I genuinely hope that this:

Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl

Pfft.
    was ironic, because if not... I don't exactly see why that's a problem? Premium members will have paid for additional features: more loot, more experience etc., but how exactly do you imagine "not paying for gem items"? Should people with PAs be able to get whatever they want from the Merchant without paying anything? The way I see it either the gem prices would have the be converted into (probably very high) prices in resources, or the gem price of a single PA would skyrocket for that to pay off. Even if some limits were introduced (otherwise people would just buy a 7-day PA and hoard gem items like crazy), I can't imagine this paying off without increasing the prices for PAs in the first place.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

Pfft.
    A subscription is where you agree to pay by regular instalments, once you have signed up you have no choice but to pay when the subscription is due until such time that the subscription ends. By obtaining a premium account you are not entering into such an legally binding agreement, there are no default terms, you do not need to supply bank details, there is no cooling off period. In essence this is no different from a player obtaining gems and at regular intervals obtaining a gem only building.
    If you have a problem with the fact that some players can invest more in the game than you, maybe you should be asking yourself how you can do the same. If you are unwilling to do that then YOU are the problem not them.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    A subscription is where you agree to pay by regular instalments, once you have signed up you have no choice but to pay when the subscription is due until such time that the subscription ends. By obtaining a premium account you are not entering into such an legally binding agreement, there are no default terms, you do not need to supply bank details, there is no cooling off period. In essence this is no different from a player obtaining gems and at regular intervals obtaining a gem only building.
    If you have a problem with the fact that some players can invest more in the game than you, maybe you should be asking yourself how you can do the same. If you are unwilling to do that then YOU are the problem not them.
    For a start, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I subscribe to several games and I'm not bound to any legal agreement. I'm free to stop subscribing whenever I choose without notice.

What BB are asking for here IS a subscription, be it one day or 360. BUT it does not unlock previously locked game content like other games, instead it throws a few pre-approved (i.e. no player consultation) BB "goodies" in. What use is more XP to me? When are they going to raise the level 50 cap? Perhaps if they spent more time actually implementing the stuff we've already been promised instead of introducing ways to help us spend more of our money, I might be a bit more eager to participate.

"Premium" to me means getting something I haven't already got. Right now I've got the maximum amount of XP, so I don't adventure any more and don't need more loot. What exactly is in this for the "end game" players? Other than BB thoughtfully thinking up yet more ways to make our wallets a bit lighter.

And finally, Dorotheus, your last paragraph is very badly worded and accusatory. You're making a lot of assumptions about my gameplay and my personal life that I don't really appreciate. If I'm unwilling to find another £100 to fund a BB employee to sit on his or her bottom for half a day then I have a problem? Really?

FYI I'm sitting on more gems than I know what to do with. I log in every day, send out my geos for marble and then log off. Since I capped out, there's nothing for me to do. My economy is more or less balanced. Indeed, the less I play the more balanced it gets. I have to give stuff away or have it bounced into my star menu to make room for more. The reason we were referred to as "end game" players in the dev diary is because that's exactly what happens when you hit level 50. They realise they've probably squeezed the maximum amount of cash out of these players, so they move on to the fresh, naive meat that are still struggling to join our lofty echelons of having absolutely nothing to do when we log in except chat to other level 50 players.

Woop. Big woop.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by Panimu View Post
    That price is similar to a WoW subscription. No way does TSO warrant that kind of price.

I have never played World Of Warcraft. Including set up fees how much would would it cost to play including all the expansions?

Pfft.
    It is not a subscription, it is a purchasable item, and not having it will have no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. You will be able to do the same activities that those who do buy it can do.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    It is not a subscription, it is a purchasable item, and not having it will have no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. You will be able to do the same activities that those who do buy it can do.
    Exactly. Thank you for agreeing that it will be a total waste of gems.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    My idea of a "premium account" would be to have a dedicated client version instead of having to suffer the vaguaries of Flash, preferably on a server that has the capacity to handle things without lag and not carry the "beta" tag after 2 years.
    Oh, and some bug-fixing would be nice.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    My concern with 'Premium Account' is that there now is a clear advantage to people who are willing to pay cash over those who do not. Cash players will level up 50% faster and get 50% more loot (and therefore also upgrade or make gold coins from sales of loot 50% faster).

Previously Gem purchases mainly aided the lazy and removed tedium (silos / watermills to avoid re-planting, extra generals/explorers/geologists to be able to find things 'faster', endless copper mines to avoid replanting).

Now it will transition from this to something people would describe as 'pay-to-win' (but perhaps not QUITE that bad). I happily parted with cash before but now I have to think long and hard if I want to blatantly pay 'cash' for more 'xp/items', something I would self-describe as 'cheating' (or having an unfair advantage) compared to non-paying players.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    There is no win in this game, everybody will soon be level 50 with the same island and all equally as bored of the lack of new content.

Reply to Thread