View Poll Results: What do you think about the premium accounts?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are too expesive

61 58.10%
  • I will buy them first thing on live

8 7.62%
  • I wish to see them implemented and then ill think about it

19 18.10%
  • I am indifferent

17 16.19%
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Premium Accounts Poll!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    to much for my likes, 500 a week, 1800 a month and 15k a year would make more sence.

Year description has to be significantly cheaper then 12xMonth, because you never know, do you even play whole year, and how many days you dont even log in...

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    Exactly. Thank you for agreeing that it will be a total waste of gems.
    Show me exactly where I said it was a waste of gems. Go paraphrase your own posts not mine.

For the record and to make it 100% clear I love the idea, for a small price a player can get a nice little boost to their game if they so wish.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    Show me exactly where I said it was a waste of gems. Go paraphrase your own posts not mine.

For the record and to make it 100% clear I love the idea, for a small price a player can get a nice little boost to their game if they so wish.
    You said it will have no effect on gameplay whatsoever. You also said that the same activities can be done by those who buy the "buff" and those who don't. So I assumed you agreed that there was no point to it other than (further) lining BB's pockets.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I think this is a bad move by BB. It will only accelerate the rate some players reach the end game.

There must be another way to reward the active players without giving such an advantage to those buying certain in-game advantages.

This is similar to paying a few gems to boost your loot and has nothing to do with the previous path of upgrading your island and completing adventures for xp and loot.
    It is a game changer, will affect all prices etc.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have some serious concerns about this. I'll admit that I pay for gems (a fair bit). But paying for 'premium' account does not settle well with me. Until now, the use of gems mainly was to get rid of some of the tedium or to cater to the lazy (Silos, Watermills to avoid planting fields and wells all the time. Endless mines/Recycling/Deerstalker/etc. to spend less time finding/planting resources).

But now, it moves away from this 'less of a time sink' to a 'clear advantage': A 50% boost in XP/Loot for every adventure. Or another way to put it, non-premium account holders get 66% of the loot/XP that a premium user gets (a 33% disadvantage). This will create clear divide between those who 'play for free' and those who 'pay to win'.

That being said, I am certainly not adverse to a premium subscription, and would well consider handing over the same amount of money/gems. But I would prefer a different 'reward' for doing that. Some possible ideas would be:

-- Macros: 1 Click to buff 25 buildings
    -- Standing Orders: Geologists automatically go find the specific resource when it is depleted (auto search copper mine when it runs out).
    -- Governor: Capable of doing some of the minor tasks for us (plant well or farm, or rebuild copper mines) -- limited number of tasks that can be done.
    -- Unlocked Build Queue: We can have the benefit of 6 items in our build queue
    -- Buff Stacking: We can apply 2 buffs for twice the duration (2 baskets gets us 12 hours of buffing).
    -- Extra Sell Slots: Rather than pay each time, we get a total of 2 free slots to sell items in.
    -- Extra daily bonus: More/better goodies for playing daily
    -- Extra daily quests: (This idea I did like!)

None of these give a real advantage over non-paying people (and therefore don't make us who pay feel like it is money that is making us win, rather than our skill or planning). But they give enough of a benefit (be it fun, or less tedium) for it to be worth subscribing to.

Therefore I implore BB to consider an alternative that is both fair yet inciting

Thank you.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoMok View Post
    My concern with 'Premium Account' is that there now is a clear advantage to people who are willing to pay cash over those who do not. Cash players will level up 50% faster and get 50% more loot (and therefore also upgrade or make gold coins from sales of loot 50% faster).

Previously Gem purchases mainly aided the lazy and removed tedium (silos / watermills to avoid re-planting, extra generals/explorers/geologists to be able to find things 'faster', endless copper mines to avoid replanting).

Now it will transition from this to something people would describe as 'pay-to-win' (but perhaps not QUITE that bad). I happily parted with cash before but now I have to think long and hard if I want to blatantly pay 'cash' for more 'xp/items', something I would self-describe as 'cheating' (or having an unfair advantage) compared to non-paying players.
    I don't think it's 'pay-to-win', it's 'pay to speed up', and I think that's a fair advantage for Premium. If I want more XP I can either do more adventures as a non-premium player (which takes time) or get more XP per adventure as a premium player. If I want more resources to upgrade buildings quickly, I can either trade, do more adventures and buff my buildings as a non-premium player, or I can get more loot as a premium player, put up more trade offers with coin and gem options and use instant upgrades. Non-premium will take more time and effort, premium will be easier and quicker.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    for a week even 300 gems are also too many let alone 800, we are all crazy
    Last edited by pirla; 13.08.13 at 17:51.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I agree. the prices are a bit expensive.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    800 gems per week is way to much. That is almost 20 euros per month... for a browser game... World of Warcraft is like 13 euros per month.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    It still doesn't do anything for the already high level players, and the people who will benefit most will now hurtle towards the same brick wall whilst paying for the 'privilege'.
    The use of the word 'premium' seems to fly in the face of logic, when our servers are still classed as "beta", and daily we battle against lag and bugs that should never even have left the test server.
    BB, please stop bolting on extras, until you go back and address the issues that have plagued us for far too long. There is little point to any of this new stuff, when the basics still do not work properly.
    lag, lockouts, missing items or duplicates (sometimes ghosted), inability to visit friends, quests that don't finish, and many more that have been highlighted ad nauseam on these very forums.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread