Reply to Thread

Thread: my gems are gone

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry my gems are gone

im upset i was playing got up i had 507 gems when i came back i only had 68 gems left. when i contacted support they said i used it on a instant building upgrade. i have never used instant building upgrade, and no one else was on my computer. so now we just take my gems, and how often is this gonna happen. i had been saving them gems for a month. now what am i just out of my gems?

World
    Sandycove

Hey squireowens,

I'm afraid there is nothing we at the forum can do for you.
    I suggest you reply to Support that you are sure you didn't upgrade a building. (Are you sure you didn't hit the upgrade by accident?)

Cheers,
    Fexno

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    That's why we could do with a confirmation message saying 'Are you sure you want to spend gems?' and a button to click. I've hit the instant complete in the Provision House a few times by accident whilst rearranging my queue during the 20th Anniversary Event and each time it hurt. It is rather unfair to players who are trying to save gems to have accidental instant upgrades and instant completes just deplete gems in this way. It wouldn't prevent people from using the instant options if they want to, but it would cut down on the accidental clicks that you can't rectify.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    That's why we could do with a confirmation message saying 'Are you sure you want to spend gems?' and a button to click. I've hit the instant complete in the Provision House a few times by accident whilst rearranging my queue during the 20th Anniversary Event and each time it hurt. It is rather unfair to players who are trying to save gems to have accidental instant upgrades and instant completes just deplete gems in this way. It wouldn't prevent people from using the instant options if they want to, but it would cut down on the accidental clicks that you can't rectify.
    +1

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    That already happened to me and they aint gonna change anything about a confirmation because that simply is not beneficial to them. Simply as that.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by bakum4tsu View Post
    That already happened to me and they aint gonna change anything about a confirmation because that simply is not beneficial to them. Simply as that.
    Granted, but too many accidental clicks on 'instant' or one big accidental click is more likely to motivate people to leave the game because they have lost gems, instead of feeling motivated to spend more gems. It is not beneficial to me to spend money on gems if the game can 'trick' me into spending them on options that I have no intention of using. I've played at least one game with instant build options in even more awkward places and after spending a bit of time trying exceedingly hard to avoid them, I just gave up and left; that was a deal-breaker for even playing the game.

I know all these online games need to make money, but when I feel like it is being taken from me, I tend to object.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Its the sad world of the corporation world, what only matters is short time profits, they dont seem to care about long time bad reputation

Reply to Thread