Reply to Thread

Thread: Optimaze your PC for TSO

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Optimaze your PC for TSO

Is there any tweaks for making TSO run more smoothly on a PC? Month by month it seems to get stickier, and it might even get unplayable at some point.

I'm running Firefox 22.0, Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.94 and no spyware, malware or junkfiles.
    Born crying. Live complaining. Die disappointed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If you are taking the steps you have already taken as indicated by your last sentence on a regular basis, then there is nothing more you can do without taking radical steps.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Rightclick the tso screen and go into flash settings then raise the cache of flash to maximum and restart your whole browser (not just the tab, close the browser itself Down and start it Again) for the change to take effect...

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I will do this.

Is there difference if running different browsers? Or running with browser addons dissable/limited?

And whats theoritical cap when upgrading hardware that it will no longer affect on flash performance?
    Born crying. Live complaining. Die disappointed.

World
    Newfoundland
    I've seen people mention this before
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also, if you give Waterfox a try, a 64 bit variant of Firefox, some people have experienced an improvement on certain parts of the game.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by naikou View Post
    Is there any tweaks for making TSO run more smoothly on a PC? Month by month it seems to get stickier, and it might even get unplayable at some point.

I'm running Firefox 22.0, Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.94 and no spyware, malware or junkfiles.
    In short no

In length - I've tested both my gaming PC (able to run new games with all the bells and whistles on) and my office PC (wouldn't recommend for gaming as its low spec) and there is no noticeable difference between the two so your best hope is that BB eventually fixes the issues that cause lag

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Some of the 'forever hourglass' problems always occur if you perform certain steps in a certain order. I wrote down some of them already, hoping that BB would solve those (clearly database locking) problems. Nothing....no reaction, no action.
    Guess that performance is no priority for them at the moment, so I stopped reporting other clear examples of database locking.

Reply to Thread