Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A new start: epic raids, blunder#1

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Unhappy A new start: epic raids, blunder#1

Dear BB,

Today, at long last we got new epic adventures to break the tedium that level capped players have faced for quite a while. Great was my anticipation when I logged in (after several attempts, btw), and, within minutes, equally great was my disappointment.

In order to even get going on the new adventures, we first get a quest that requires you, among other things, to own 1500 recruits and have an army of 3000. For lack of stronger langage that will survive the moderators, that is utter nonsense. I've had a total population cap of 2500 for months, and happily managed with that all that time. An army of 3000 means having to buy accomodation for another 750 or so settlers. And for what? Having 1500 recruits is only sensible if you can use them at once, and the worst you can throw at us is a suicide wave of 250. Why would I need to bring all those troops to an adventure before I need them? This is just plain annoying, and equally pointless as the own 200k goldcoins quest (no need ever for such high storage capacity) - but that one is at least easily ignored. This one however, seems to be the gateway to the entire set of new content.

Don't get me wrong, setting a challenge here and there is all part of a good game, but this challenge is futile. There is no benefit from having such a population and army that remotely outweighs the cost. Or are we going to get 15-way blocks? That does indeed need a 3k army (but not 1500Rs, and oh yes, BB doesn't like blocks anyway, right?)

But perhaps that was the point all along, and building licences / housing was simply not selling enough? Who's to know.....

At any rate, a blunder. let's hope it stays with blunder #1, but I have a bad feeling about this....
    Last edited by Hayek; 08.08.13 at 07:15.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol, everything is relative, I have a population limit of 6020 (and know lots of players with 5k plus pop) and a storage of 250k (which is quite normal to have over 200k at lvl 50). In order to complete the valiant little tailor I should even increase the population limit as I now have to build troops during the adv....

So blunder #1, no not in my opinion :-D

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I think BB did it since they believe players MUST have 3000 army to manage the new epic adventures. However I think that should be left up to players to decide. One thing that makes this game fun is that it can be played in several ways. Removing decisions from the game makes it more boring. I don't want to feel like I'm following a tutorial all the way, that's fine for the first part of the game, but then I want to feel freedom, the ability to make my own good or bad decisions. Quests like this remove part of that, and I don't like it.

That said, for me personal this is not a concern, I was planning on going for bigger population cap in a while anyway.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can't even get on to Newfoundland, is it still under maint?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also can not get on yet, so Northisle has some luck there

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelob81 View Post
    In order to complete the valiant little tailor I should even increase the population limit as I now have to build troops during the adv....
    So, what's wrong with that? I always build the needed troops during the adventure. Much more efficient. Heck, of that 2500 I often don't even use the last 300 or so. make an attack, and throw in 200 new settlers into the mayor's house and then the barracks.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Any news of star coins from Northisle?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    Any news of star coins from Northisle?
    I got some 12k of those in storage now. I estimate I'd have had somewhere between 1.5 and 3M xp before, so it's pretty stiff conversion rate. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to spend them yet....

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    15k here

coin shop will open "soon" no date given yet.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    An army of 3000 isn't really that much. I am nowhere near level 50 and have nearly that already. From what I have read the Epic Raids will eat 3000 troops for a starter before the main course.

Reply to Thread