Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A new start: epic raids, blunder#1

World
    Northisle
    Well i must say, i am completely dissapointed in the new epic failure adventure....Could not wait to start the Valiant Little Tailor. It is tedious, boring, and repetative. What happened to making an interesting adventure to challenge us, so we can at least enjoy losing so many troops. We do the hard yard to get to level 50, and if this is the best BB can do, i think its time i left the game.
    If there were more varity in the camps, and varied losses to camps, i would enjoy it better, instead it is continual 200B, 200B, 200LB....then its back to make more B and LB, mmmm so interesting.

hotstuff1962
    I must say that i was excited about the fairytale adventures until I started and finished the first sector of Valiant little tailor, what a total waste of time, weapons and resources. I had the army of over 3k troops thanks to the first quest in that chain, now im lucky to have an army of 500 and havent even started sector 2. How BB got the idea that being repetitive and making this adventure ridiculously boring is beyond me. I love this game but my patience is fast running out with the garbage that is being initiated into the game. Being level 46, i to got that ridiculous quest chain, and even if i was level 50 with cannoneers i still cannot see that any army under around 6 - 7k mark could finish it with a decent amount of troops and resources left. I am seriously considering leaving settlers once i have hit level 50 unless of course BB grow some brains and actually start listening to the players and implementing adventures and events that are alot more interesting and less taxing on resources....but thats my rant and you may disagree if you wish. However, I will remain in my stance as I do feel that things are slipping severely with the game, with every maintenance there are yet more bugs instead of less... I would really hate to see the dev's list of bugs....it would by now be longer than a roll of toilet paper and yet it never shortens...well done BB for the epic fail once again definitely a -100 for effort on this one..

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I have not experienced Valiant Little Tailor yet, however from what I have read it seems to be designed as a true multiplayer adventure for those at a high level, and not really to be done Han style. If you think it really is too difficult how about asking friends or guild mates for assistance?

I know I will be on my first attempt.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Completed VLT today after partnering up with a friend. It's funny that most of us are so used to completing multiplayer adventures by ourselves and selling lootspots that it seems unnatural to have to do it with others. I don't see anything wrong with these adventures actually needing us to work with others to complete.

That said, I lost a lot of troops and got 100 beans, 700 gr, 1 choc rabbit, 1 exotic basket. The linearity is annoying though you can skip a few camps - I didn't try any blocks but now I know what is in each camp I can start working some out. At this rate though it's going to take a long time to save up the beans for anything meaningful. Maybe the other adventures will drop more beans but the 270 general seems like a long way off...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I always build the needed troops during the adventure. Much more efficient.
    No it isn't. It's far more efficient to have a large standing army and replace them as you lose them with 1 eye on adv's that you plan to do in the future. A large army costs nothing to keep, only to build. Starting an adventure and then building the troops when it is running is a very odd way to do it. I have a pop of just under 5k and a standing army of between 3k and 4k most of the time. Sometimes dropping below after a particularly large adventure.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1983 View Post
    A large army costs nothing to keep, only to build. Starting an adventure and then building the troops when it is running is a very odd way to do it.
    A large standing army costs space on your island for residences.

Reading the feedback, island space is probably the second or third biggest complaint about the game after there being a cap at level 50 and there being no PvP. Certainly it was the biggest complaint by a long way when the science system and its 7 buildings were announced.

So having a large standing army costs one of the most valuable resources of all!

Cost nothing?... pah!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Standing army v No standing army, come on peeps this is a total non issue. Each to their own to suit their own play style, I say.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Standing army v No standing army, come on peeps this is a total non issue. Each to their own to suit their own play style, I say.
    Agreed, but I'm not going to stay silent when people try to justify their opinion by saying things which are simply wrong!

My only problem is that the requirements of the quest bear no obvious relationship to the difficulty of the adventures!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    After playing the first adventure, I must say, I am impressed. BlueByte really means it when they say this game is PEGI7.. I bet an 7yo would have no problems playing this adventure and he would probably use just as much troops as adults will.

No planning, strategy involved NOTHING. I started the adventure with my default troops plus 300 extra recruits and managed to play it while I kept building the next batch of troops.. UGH

Reply to Thread