Reply to Thread

Thread: [OPEN] Buffs on friends don't always "stick"

World
    Sandycove

[OPEN] Buffs on friends don't always "stick"

Short description:
    When buffing a friend on their island, sometimes the game fails to register the buildings that were buffed. Most of the times it just stops registering buffs starting from a certain building. The buffs are substracted from the stackcount initially but will be back when you refresh the game.

Screenshot:
    Not available

Possible cause:
    Unknown, but having lag does seem to increase occurences.

Prevention:
    Buff slowly, wait till the current building is actually glowing before proceeding to the next one

Workaround:
    Refresh the game.

Related:
    Original thread(s): 1
    Last edited by Fexno; 28.08.13 at 20:59.

World
    Sandycove
    Updates
    [2013-08-18] Added

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nowadays we often get rollbacks when trying to get all buffs out during such occasions, removing previous applied buff(s) and eventually restoring the buff items.
    What I think we really lacks here is something that indicates that a buff has been applied but not yet sent and confirmed by the server. (Compare to when you setup a building, you can very quickly see if that action has been applied.) Perhaps not a big issue when buffing friends but when buffing yourself it's very timeconsuming to go back and check every buffed building to make sure they really got the buff properly applied.
    I've suggested to remove the difference of buff appeareance between self-applied and applied by friends, to use the present selfbuffing appearance as a first "applying appearance but yet not confirmed on server". http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...nce-attributes

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    can not buf friend the bask are becoming grey and there is no buf on the building and if by some chance it stuck when i reload the isle nothing buf is gone and bask is grey

after several page reloads and 2h it is ok now
    Last edited by Trasti; 09.11.13 at 02:03.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I buft my granitpit with 250 rifel buffs ,i get a message that its refilld but nothing hapend ,no refil didnt work
    moris77

Reply to Thread