Closed Thread

Thread: emails from BB going to the wrong acct holder

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

emails from BB going to the wrong acct holder

posting a problem to BB regarding problems on this game, has now become a problem in and of itself.
    i posted a ticket to them regarding the damascene hammer buff, not working at all.
    Their reply was sent to my email address but headed with another players identity.
    I contacted the other player involved, who posted a queary to BB about this, and i received the reply to their mail
    in my mailbox.
    BB say this is our problem, but we can't see how.
    I use my email address and password to log in through uplay, and the other person uses their email and password to

I'm now asking BB to contact me directly through G1 and/or whisper, so that they can finally sort this issue out.
    The annoying process of receiving someone else's mail has to stop and i need to get this issue resolved soonest.
    For the security of both of our accounts, we implore you to respond

World
    Newfoundland
    LOL. So thats why none of my mails to support have got a reply.

World
    Newfoundland
    You can email them directly via account.support@thesettlersonline.com in cases such as this
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I sorry Peck-ed, but you have failed to understand what is happening. It's not a problem contacting support, it's a problem with support replying to the player. This issue needs to go to the top of things to be looked at. What would have happened if this had involved a gem purchase.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I sorry Peck-ed, but you have failed to understand what is happening. It's not a problem contacting support, it's a problem with support replying to the player. This issue needs to go to the top of things to be looked at. What would have happened if this had involved a gem purchase.
    Yes, I understand what is happening, but if Support are not responding to your tickets (and it's going to someone else) your best bet is to contact them directly via email.

That way the reply will go directly to you and hopefully it can be resolved promptly, I've not heard of a similar case before, so this might be a one off, thus the confusion on both sides. I know I can register 2 ways with one email, one via facebook login and one via uplay (I've done this with both Newfoundland and Sandycove).
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    have replied to them peck_ed. i sent them a direct mail, plus a mail to support, the other person did likewise, and despite the other person contacting direct, all replies came to my email acct. they have told me to change my email address as it's the same as the other persons. it isn't remotely similar, we use different email companies and methods of logging in. they have plain and simple messed up, but wont admit it

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi all,

This matter has been dealt with by our Support Team and is a misunderstanding-- BB is not sending emails to the wrong account holder, nor did this happen in this situation (as I have investigated it). As Support considers this matter closed, I am also closing this thread to prevent further misunderstandings. Thank you!

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Closed Thread