Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting defeated on Wild Mary

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Getting defeated on Wild Mary

I am at the end of defeating all the enemy camps on my Island and I am a little stuck on Wild Mary. I first sent a wave of 200 solders and all were defeated with no damage to the enemy camp. I then thought to send in 200 cavalry to make an impact on the dogs which resulted in now having Wild Mary and 9 dogs left.

I now have just sent in 115 long bow, 55 soldiers, 15 militia, 15 recruits and all were defeated but the big surprise is the camp is still left with Wild Mary and the 9 dogs. That wave had made no impact what so ever.

What did I do wrong? What combination should I go for and is it the 9 dogs that are causing the issue.

Thanks, for any advice.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    You should have been watching your battle reports. Look at what your troops are doing: they're attacking Mary first but can't kill her, except cavalry, which attack the weakest (dogs) first. You'd then have seen why your troops were having no impact and wouldn't have wasted another wave!

If you'd actually sent 200 cavalry (as you claim) you'd have killed all 199 dogs. you must have only sent 190.

Once you've got rid of the dogs, you should have a look in the guide section for battle guides and/or search google for simulators to see how to kill Mary on her own.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Look here for a setup to kill the camp:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post168365

Scroll back to the first post of that thread for a FAQ and how to read and understand that guide.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    OK. The first thing you did wrong was send 200 soldiers, but I guess you've figured that part.

Battles are divided into rounds, and each round can have 3 sub-divisions of '1st strike', 'normal' & 'last strike' unit attacks.

Soldiers have normal initiative, Wild Mary and dogs have 1st strike initiative.

What happened in your first battle when you sent 200 soldiers is this:
    ·Round 1, 1st strike units attack.
    Mary attacked your soldiers first, killing about 8 or 9 of them, then her dogs attacked your soldiers killing another 15 or so.
    ·Round 1, normal units attack.
    Your soldiers attacked Mary doing some damage to her.
    ·Round 1, last strike units attack.
    There were no last strike units in this battle, so this phase was skipped.

The next 7 rounds were much the same. Mary & her dogs killed a few soldiers & your soldiers fought back doing damage to Mary.
    Unfortunately, your soldiers only managed to half kill Mary before they were all killed. Your general was defeated & Mary recovered all her hitpoints. ~ Net result: zero lasting damage done to her camp.

What happened in your second battle when you sent cavalry is this: (cavalry are 1st strike units, & attack weakest targets first.)
    ·Round 1, 1st strike units attack.
    Your cavalry attacked Mary's dogs (dogs are weaker targets than Mary) and killed 1 dog each.
    Mary attacked your cavalry, killing 160 of them.
    Mary's dogs attacked your remaining cavalry*, killing all of them.
    Finally, a dog defeated your general.
    ·Round 1, normal units attack.
    There were no normal units in this battle, so this phase was skipped.
    ·Round 1, last strike units attack.
    There were no last strike units in this battle, so this phase was skipped.

This battle was over in 1 round. ~ Net result: You got rid of Mary's dogs.
    * It may seem odd that dead dogs could fight back, but casualties are not implemented until the end of a phase of battle.
    What appears in a battle report as 'player vs bandit' followed by 'bandit vs player' should be thought of as happening simultaneously.
    Last edited by Hairy; 19.08.13 at 14:14.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    As for what to do with the remaining dogs & Mary.., just send 200 soldiers again. This time without all her dogs there, your soldiers will be able to kill Mary.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks everyone for the insight into what I was doing wrong, especially Hairy. Your explanation was a great help. Thanks :-)

World
    Sandycove
    why are you responding to a thread that is nearly 4 years old?
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 27.07.17 at 15:31. Reason: ?

World
    Sandycove
    [http:// thesettlersonline.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Mary]

it`ll take 4 waves with Veteran General and 5 ov Attak`s without apparently , Waves being all 200 sent

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSLGT3Zx2io
    Last edited by SPALLETT; 27.07.17 at 15:41. Reason: forgot sumthing
    STEVEN JAYMZ PALLET

Reply to Thread