Reply to Thread

Thread: Experience from adventures not converting in to Star Coins

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Experience from adventures not converting in to Star Coins

Six months ago when i was just a few thousands exp. from lvl 50 i made a decision to save all of my mails with
    loot&exp from the adventures i complete.

I did that because at that time if a player reached lvl 50 he didn't receive anymore exp. from adventures.

We( the players) knew that at some point BB will raise the lvl cap - at least the information they were releasing was pointing to
    that ( even the geologist had an option to search for granite when you reach lvl 52 ) - but no one knew when BB
    will implement it.

I dint want to lose months worth of exp. till BB finally raise the lvl cap so i decided to play it "safe" and stopped
    cashing my reward mails. Sadly the results was completely the opposite.

Few months later BB proposed an alternative for the higher lvls - epic adventures and star coins. Again there was
    very little information regarding those "Star Coins" ( to this day we still don't know what we can buy with them )
    but as a high lvl player i was happy with this alternative.

Now we already have Star Coins - but the problem for me is that the experience from all of my mails ( around 60 adventures saved in the mail box ) is not converting in to Star Coins. I opened 4 of those "old" reward mails ( combined worth around 60k exp. ) after the update that implemented the Star Coins but didn't received even 1 Star Coin (and yes i opened them after i reached lvl 50 ).
    I dont have a problem with the new adventures i complete - they give me star coins with a normal rate of conversion 1 coin for every 100exp.

I decided before i send a ticket first to post in the forums to see if someone else have the same problem or have some information that can shed some light on the issue.
    Thanks for any help in advance
    Last edited by piligrim; 19.08.13 at 19:16.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I'm guessing you weren't level 50 when you actually DID the adventures?

World
    Sandycove
    The experience points in your mail should have already been converted to star coins.
    So it looks like you will have to contact Support on this one.
    You can do so using this page

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post
    How will it work, exactly?

On the date mentioned above, all experience points acquired after reaching level 50 will be automatically converted into Star Coins and added to a player's storage. Experience points from not accepted in-game mails will be converted as well and deleted from the mail’s attachments afterwards.
    Last edited by Fexno; 19.08.13 at 19:27.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/24787 [Dev Diary] Epic Raids and more!

"How will it work, exactly?

On the date mentioned above, all experience points acquired after reaching level 50 will be automatically converted into Star Coins and added to a player's storage. Experience points from not accepted in-game mails will be converted as well and deleted from the mail’s attachments afterwards.

In case you accepted some XP points after reaching level 50, they will be included in the calculation converting the XP into Star Coins as well. No experience points will be lost."

That was from a Dev Diary, so reality may be different...

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    It worked for me and many others. After reaching level 50 I did similar for a while and then just thought life is to short and so accepted them so I could use the granite etc. When BB implemented the star coins I was credited with 47k of star coins (I had been L50 for 12 months at this point).

Reading your post you said you saved them from a few thousand before hitting L50 but the information from BB suggested the script they would run would be a 1time script and would only impact those already at L50 so I assume you was still technically L49 but with enough stored xp to take you to L50 and beyond. If this is the case then the script would not have know you was L50 and wouldn't have credited anything.

Maybe a sympathetic and friendly email to BB support will help but I wouldn't be surprised if they said "tough no level 50, no star coin conversion".

Good luck in righting a terrible mistake.

Reply to Thread