Reply to Thread

Thread: Quest completed and claim reward during adventures

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Quest completed and claim reward during adventures

please add some kind of reward for pressing the claim reward button for the sub quests during adventures, or remove them, at the moment they are just pointless.

I have been asked a number of times by people in help channel and via whisper if clicking the claim reward is enough to cancel the adventure and complete it, so it is causing confusion.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, it's really silly to have a "no reward" reward.

I've already suggested on test that using these rewards sensibly would be an excellent way to stop the new epic adventures from being so boring: set up numerous optional sub quests with high losses but a good loot reward so people have a real choice about how they play the adventure.

As a simple example - Dark Priests can be completed without taking out all the leader camps. Having a bonus reward sub-quest for killing all leader camps before taking out the Bone Church and Dark Castle strikes me as being an obvious thing to do to add more interest/user choice/strategy.

But no, BB's idea of increasing options in the epic adventures was to move a few camps so that you could skip them entirely. Who would "choose" to attack a camp that your general can just walk past and which will be "defeated" when the boss is killed with no loss of loot or exp? I hung my head and sighed in quiet agony when they did that...

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I don't really mind the claim reward button to end the adventure. It is useful in situation, you accidentally take out the last required camp on certain adventures before the lootspot buyer makes his kill.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    yup at the end of an adventure it's no problem, but then there's actually a reward to claim.

On the new fairytale adventures, each zone has it's own target, and gives a 'adventure complete -> claim reward' screen. While there is no reward at all, and the adventre isn't over either. It's probably changed during the designprocess, and the developers never ever check anything so they forgot and just left it. Just a bad piece of work from the developers.

Reply to Thread