Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance 22/08/2013

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Is it possible to choose NO successor for inactive. ?

I'm not a guild leader but just curious if they have options to not auto promote a leader. Like in WoW. if you reserve the ranks to be empty, no leadership gets changed.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah was a nice heads up, a warning then 20 seconds later booted at 00:27...you can do alot in 3 minutes
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    Maintenance 21-08-2013 / 22-08-2013
    Thursday, August 22nd 00:30am GMT+1 until approx. 06:00am GMT +1. (British Summer Time)
    Why it was started at 00:27am ? And last week was the same situation - 3 minutes earlier (

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Typical BB, some weeks very late starting, some weeks early starting, run overs of nearly three hours at the end. Promises of gifts that don't materialise.

World
    Newfoundland
    It will be also possible to check a succession order (related to guild leader change) and see adventure cooperation requests.
    So number 1 means that member with that number will be next leader?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Why is there no news on the maintenance and how the new features work?

The developers did not create these updates on a rainy afternoon, they must have been working on them for a while. Time enough to write a little explanation on how they work.
    * 2 ways to change leader. Great, which 2?
    * How does adventure cooperation request work? Is it really just a note in the member-profile?
    If you design such things, the job is not done until you communicate with the users how it works. That is not a lot of work, just take 15 minutes to write a mail and send to the community managers/forums.

It's no excuse at all that some BB-people are at the gamescom. That is a big event, planned long before, it cant come as a surprise. If that keeps people from posting anything at all at the forum there are 2 options: Post before you go, or dont introduce things that need further explanation.

I really dont see how you can introduce something new, and then there's no one around to explain what it does. What a huge failure. Enough reason to fire the whole communication-department, they're clearly not up to their task. (and the developers, I still think they dont have e-mail and are working with pigeons trying to communicate with the rest of the company)

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    Why is there no news on the maintenance and how the new features work?

The developers did not create these updates on a rainy afternoon, they must have been working on them for a while. Time enough to write a little explanation on how they work.
    * 2 ways to change leader. Great, which 2?
    * How does adventure cooperation request work? Is it really just a note in the member-profile?
    If you design such things, the job is not done until you communicate with the users how it works. That is not a lot of work, just take 15 minutes to write a mail and send to the community managers/forums.

It's no excuse at all that some BB-people are at the gamescom. That is a big event, planned long before, it cant come as a surprise. If that keeps people from posting anything at all at the forum there are 2 options: Post before you go, or dont introduce things that need further explanation.

I really dont see how you can introduce something new, and then there's no one around to explain what it does. What a huge failure. Enough reason to fire the whole communication-department, they're clearly not up to their task. (and the developers, I still think they dont have e-mail and are working with pigeons trying to communicate with the rest of the company)
    I agree with this. There is no explanation on how things work.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Did you read the dev's diary? http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Raids-and-more!
    It was already explained there (on 11/7) how it all works, including screen shots.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Essie69 View Post
    Did you read the dev's diary? http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Raids-and-more!
    It was already explained there (on 11/7) how it all works, including screen shots.
    Yes, but having an inactive guild leader means that a certain amount of time needs to pass --> how much time? Was not in that previous post, and like many others I don't go through all the previous posts. It was introduced this maintanence, so a quick sum up of all added things would have been nice.

And 2nd question, do I really need to click on all possible 99 members of my guild to check if some one wants help in adv? They could just ask in guild chat, or am I missing the point?

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi all,

The information is here.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Reply to Thread