Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reduce the percentage chance of finding Sons of the Veld in adventure searches

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    All of these things are obvious Dorotheus and none of them change the fact that SOTV is not worth doing for myself and many people. The fact that it's difficult to even give it away shows the strength of general opinion on it. I do adventure searches for resale, SOTV is the worst possible outcome in any adventure search..

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I came up with this solution in another thread about "worthless" adventures.

I think more in lines of making a fourth search option where we can get 12 mf or higher chances on BK, Nords, DB, (SE is high enough even on long) and then make it possible to find SA, GP, WM, BN and the starter fairy tale adv.
    Or they should make changes into the adventures we can find on the different searches, so its more like:
    Short search you find:
    3 mf, all brown and green adventures, with higher chances for brown adv. than green. So its like 3-4 % chance to get a brown adv and 1½-2% to get a green.
    Medium search you find:
    6 mf, all green and blue adventures, again higher chance for green than blue, with same % chances 3-4% and 1½-2%
    Long searches you find:
    9 mf, all blue and purple adventures, and same as before, higher for blue than purple, with same % chances 3-4% and 1½-2%
    And if they would add a very long search then you should find:
    12 mf, all purple with a high chance of finding them with a 3-4% chance.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Your best result would be if your explorer came back with a Nords, recent sales on your server say your only going to get back 98.8% of the coin that it cost you to find it in the first place. A Dark brotherhood will give you only 8.4% of your investment. Sotv returns 2.1%. In short the maths say if your searching to sell on you are going to make a loss

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I sell all adventures that come through so I actually make a profit as all but SOTV sells for more than 30gc. Yet another reason why SOTV needs to go!!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    I sell all adventures that come through so I actually make a profit as all but SOTV sells for more than 30gc. Yet another reason why SOTV needs to go!!
    So just because that you don´t make a profit from selling SOTV then it should be removed? That's just stupid, there is plenty of people that like to do SOTV, I would rather see that you have the exact same chance of finding any type of adventure, like described in my suggestion a few answers up. And if its really that big a problem for you not being able to sell your adventures, then stop searching for them and make your coins in other ways.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Faststriker stop being so precious, there was no JUST anything there, there's many reasons stated why SOTV should be adjusted. The game is absolutely flooded with them. All I'm saying is that it should not be set with such a high percentage, do you disagree?? There's not many people at all that like SOTV, the trade price doesn't lie.. This is a suggestion thread, it's purpose is to suggest improvements. Please don't post here to tell me that I should not play an element of the game just because I suggested it can be improved.
    Last edited by Baggis; 26.08.13 at 22:40.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If the people who like doing them are getting enough from adventure searches to satisfy their needs, then they don't need to buy them from trade, this lack of demand drives the prices down.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I seem to get SotV in batches, like several other advs, it's like the system gets fixated for a while.
    On the other hand, I would really like to see the percentage chance for the White Castle up, 0% seems way too low.
    (Based on 441 attempts at SFTR, still trying!)
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Market value is the best indicator. If SOTV were worth doing, for whatever reason (lower losses/better loot/more XP), then people would do it. The adventure should be adjusted to make it more attractive. Then it would be more popular and might even double in value to 2 fish...

Stating it isn't the devs' fault is just a baseless opinion. Maybe the devs didn't anticipate such a low take-up. But, now its unpopularity is so apparent, the devs could react to popular opinion and make some adjustments. That's a lot quicker than designing another Lost Skull, and would achieve the same end result (another adventure that players would be willing to attempt).

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Lets get rid of everything that is not worth the value, where shall we start. Oh I know please Mr Dev remove Nobles from game since players find it not worth it to upgrade them to level 4. Oh dear now we don't have the population to do any adventures, pretty please Mr Dev remove all of them.

Reply to Thread