Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reduce the percentage chance of finding Sons of the Veld in adventure searches

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree that if most people do not enjoy this adventure for whatever reason, perhaps they can spruce it up with extra loot, or something else to make it more attractive to do. I'm still a lowbie so my opinion is based on the comments I have read in here. From what I understand this is a suggestions forums, and the suggestions I see in here to improve this are not unreasonable.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Lets get rid of everything that is not worth the value, where shall we start. Oh I know please Mr Dev remove Nobles from game since players find it not worth it to upgrade them to level 4. Oh dear now we don't have the population to do any adventures, pretty please Mr Dev remove all of them.
    I've now got over 200 and yup, they're still worth less than a fish even with collectibles.

Dorotheus, your point doesn't make any sense, you think nobles are worthless just because the return on investment is low from level 3 onward? If nobles dropped 2 or 3 times a day in adventure searches, had a negative population capacity and a resale value of 1 fish then maybe you would be drawing an accurate comparison. As you obviously failed to read my post or the title of this suggestion here's a copy of it for you: 'I suggest reducing the chance of finding Sons of The Veld in adventure searches by at least half.'. You're not adding anything constructive to this thread.

If the most common adventure in the game is not worth doing, not worth selling, BB should look at where they went so badly wrong and address the problem either by reducing it's occurrence or improving the adventure. That is my suggestion.
    Last edited by Baggis; 30.10.13 at 20:37.

World
    Sandycove
    If the most common adventure in the game is not worth doing, not worth selling, BB should look at where they went so badly wrong and address the problem. That is my suggestion.
    I so agree with this last point, there are little niggles everywhere in this game, where just a little adjustment would make a whole different experience. Just to take SOTV, with a simple adjustment to the loot in line with the losses would make it a great little adventure, add a unique ( useful) special building in loot, and I bet they would become popular Oh and drop level 4 upgrade costs of nobles a little 500gc 1500 marble then level 5 1000 gc 5000 marble, then level 6 with 100 population capacity 1000 ewp 600 granite. In short less new buggy stuff and make what works, work better.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    I've now got over 200 and yup, they're still worth less than a fish even with collectibles.

Dorotheus, your point doesn't make any sense, you think nobles are worthless just because the return on investment is low from level 3 onward? If nobles dropped 2 or 3 times a day in adventure searches, had a negative population capacity and a resale value of 1 fish then maybe you would be drawing an accurate comparison. As you obviously failed to read my post or the title of this suggestion here's a copy of it for you: 'I suggest reducing the chance of finding Sons of The Veld in adventure searches by at least half.'. You're not adding anything constructive to this thread.

If the most common adventure in the game is not worth doing, not worth selling, BB should look at where they went so badly wrong and address the problem either by reducing it's occurrence or improving the adventure. That is my suggestion.
    I did read your post. In any game take any item and you will find there is somebody out there who finds it worthless. On the other hand there will be players who find such items to be desirable for one reason or another. As things stand there is nothing forcing you to keep anything, how you dispose of it is entirely up to you. I must also point out that you owning a lot of them does not make them the most common one in game. As for which one is the most common that information is not available to players and may not even be available to BB.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I could delete them all and each day forward, but i'd rather make an improvement suggestion that the server is saturated with them, hence the low price and that the drop rate should be adjusted. The people who like SOTV would still get their SOTV and the people that don't like SOTV will not have them forced onto them so much. Dorotheus, how in any way would that be bad? If you disagree with my suggestion then tell me why it would not improve the game?
    Last edited by Baggis; 02.11.13 at 20:19.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Loot should be adjusted to be more proportional to the costs of doing the adventure, both with time and troops. As the losses are double most epic adventures for a veteran general, the loot should be double what the epic adventures offer. Perhaps with a rare building available too, making it a more attractive adventure.

Alternatively for the devs, they could remove a lot of the camps/bandits, reducing all the down time for the generals having to attack so many camps twice.

Or thirdly, remove it from the explorer's search, have it as a follow-on for another adventure, perhaps with a quest that improves the rewards?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well after finding 7 SOTV from searches in one day alone and with the upcoming map frag production in provision house 2 I think this is the death knell to adventure searches. No longer worth it! Another failed bit of functionality to the list. Treasure searches from now on. Any chance BB is going to do an offer on resetting skill trees...?
    Last edited by Baggis; 07.12.13 at 02:21.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Are you telling me that on Newfoundland you can buy all adventures from the chest using map fragments. Over here on Sandycove we can not do that, we have to spend gems on some. For others we have to send out the Explorers.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    I wish I had more SOTV.

After collectibles came SOTV and VTV trade prices on Northisle has risen. Those adv. are ideal for collecting bronze cauldrons.

Reply to Thread