Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduce the percentage chance of finding Sons of the Veld in adventure searches

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down Reduce the percentage chance of finding Sons of the Veld in adventure searches

I suggest reducing the chance of finding Sons of The Veld in adventure searches by at least half. Few like the adventure, it's near impossible to sell and all it does is clog up peoples star menus.

I have 126 of the useless things.

Please reduce the number found in adventure searches!!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    +1 from me. I have 3 fast + 3 normal explorers, all on medium searches, and I have found 12 SOTV in the last 14 days. The percentage chance is so high at the moment I considered logging a bug report (especially when I had 3 explorers return with 1 x map frags and 2 x SOTV).

If it were a nice adventure it would be different, but it has such high losses for the loot and xp it's just not worth doing. As an experiment I offered 1 fish on TO, and had 4 x SOTV in under a minute after I advertised "buying SOTV for 1 fish" (and requests to take more). BB doesn't that tell you something?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Rather than just lowering the percentage chance of finding it, they ought to change the adventure itself so that it's more appealing to the players.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    And another option - to sell these useless adventures back to the merchant for some map fragments

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    -dudes, sons of the veld has one of the most perfect ratio from all adventures regarding xperience/loss. Don't know why people don't complete it. Apart from the north (expensive stuff), traitors and outlaws, also have a good exp ratio, but those 2 adventures are too short.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    What use is a high XP - low loot adventure (worth resale less than a fish) to a level 50??? I now have 131... Ridiculous!! If I had the map frags instead that'd be 3500+ gc, if they were Nords it'd be 170,300 gc... instead I have 131 fish worth.
    Last edited by Baggis; 24.08.13 at 22:38.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's not the devs fault that you lack the motivation turn Sotv into a worthwhile adventure for your self. Why don't you accept the challenge and see how to reduce troop loss thus turning the adventure into one worthwhile to your self.

The adventure guides are just somebodys solution to how to tackle an adventure. That does not mean they are the only possible solutions, there is no law which states other solutions are not waiting to be found.

We now have the chance of obtaining the Major General, once you have one of those you will change your opinion on your own valuation to every adventure.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    As I am a level 50, XP is not required so doing SOTV would be for the loot only. Why would I do SOTV over adventures like ML/IOTP when they have considerably better loot and considerably better losses and take considerably less time? The major general will make some difference but it's not going to magically double SOTVs loot and halve it's play time.

It's crying shame that you're on Sandycove Dorotheus, as you're clearly a superior tactician and love SOTV so much, I'd imagine there's a great shortage of them in your realm and you pay a fine price... You can buy my 133 SOTVs for bargain 100gc each: 13,300gc.... (didn't think so).

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'd like to remind that blocking is not supported by BB. So the only official setting is to kill everything. So the ratio XP/losses/loot is really bad for this adventure :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's not me who has accepted that particular gauntlet, but I do know a few people who have. Troop loss to XP/loot gains is not the only possible metric for measuring the worth of an adventure. If you look at it as purchase price to loot gain then Sotv rates a lot more highly compared to others.

I would also like to point out that blocking is not the only way to cut your losses in some adventures, positioning your garrison in the right place is also advantageous.

Reply to Thread