Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Management Feedback

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    I see. That's a lot more helpful.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    The overview of guildquests seems to be broken.

We now have just 2 options: A few people have *done* the guildquest, the others are listed as *none*. Some of the indeed dont have a guildquest because they're inactive, but some other are active and should have a guildguest. Besides, if everyone who has a guildquest has done it, it should be finished.

So we have an utterly useless * adventure cooperation request* thingy, and the guildquest overview is broken. There's not much development in the achievements of the developers, after all the time they're working on the settlers, they still make the same kind of mistakes. I guess they dont read feedback.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    The overview of guildquests seems to be broken.

We now have just 2 options: A few people have *done* the guildquest, the others are listed as *none*. Some of the indeed dont have a guildquest because they're inactive, but some other are active and should have a guildguest. Besides, if everyone who has a guildquest has done it, it should be finished.
    Did those active people really be active when the active guildquest was given as waiting quildquest? If not, then they wouldn't have an active guildquest now but just a waiting one.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Improvements to new guild tab...

Give those that have completed the guild quest a number (10th person gets a '10' rather than completed)...

Allow guild leaders to see those that have completed the guild quest when the new one comes out... (this way they can keep a record of who didn't complete the previous one. This information is automatically gone when new one starts).

Collate the information from previous GQs. This is where the numbers come into play.... Every month, stats can be updated to show who were the best GQers, worst GQers (within the guild), most active / least active members etc....

Just an idea...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Having used an unofficial guild quest completion monitoring tool for at least 6 months I can throw some light on the BB interface quest status. The statuses are exactly the same as the tool I was using.

None = The guild member is not active or was not active when the guild quest was handed out. Note that this also applies to waiting guild quests, they must have been active when it was created on the system. So a returning inactive player may also have to wait for a waiting guild quest to be completed before they get their next one. Guild quests are created daily between 2/3am depending on daylight saving time, only one waiting quest will be created.

Open = They have a guild quest but have not yet completed it. They were active at the time the guild quest was created on the system.

Completed = self explanatory.

If a guild member has been inactive for 48 hours or more they move into the inactive status and will not receive another guild quest until they login again and they will not be included in the percentage required to attain completion on any NEW guild quest.
    Last edited by Baggis; 24.08.13 at 23:31.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    So, let me get this clear.
    The next person down still has to build another Guild House?
    If so, then they aren't 'inheriting' the former Guild, all this is doing is transferring the membership over.
    Not what I was led to believe this feature did.
    I fail to see how this is any different other than what was expected through logical thought on the matter. The guild can be handed to someone else on the proviso that they build a guild house. A guild house is required to be a guild leader, why would acquiring a guild through succession be any different in that respect?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    So all any guild leader has to do is find 10 people who they trust, don't mind spending the res or gems to get the guild house, don't mind tearing down valuable buildings to make room for the guild house if they are short of space thus crippling their game play.

It does not need a rocket scientist to predict that given the above that some players will "Whine".

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Just carried out a little experiment on the test, brought a guild house for gems and built it, founded a guild, then tore down the guild house. I then did a game refresh. My little 1 member guild still exists. I will update you if at some point in the future the game disbands the guild.

I now wonder if having a gem brought guild house in your star menu is all thats required, thus saving space on your island.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 25.08.13 at 08:02.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    One thing you can't do without a guild house is add new membership spaces, so if a guild has already got 100 spaces this won't be a problem.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post

WAYS TO CHANGE GUILD LEADER

2.) After a certain period of inactivity, the leadership is passed on to the person of the next rank/priority in the guild. This period is 15 days. When it is passed over, the next person will get an email which they must accept leadership in within a short window (a few days). They then have around a week to build a guild hall. If no-one accepts, it will continue through the entire succession and go back to the guild leader (rank 1).

Best,
    BB_Alpaca
    Why is the inactivity period 15 days? That seems a bit short, as people can potentially be on holiday for 2 weeks and may not be active during that time. As there is no 'vacation mode' I would ask if the inactivity time period could possibly be reconsidered and maybe made longer, or if the guild leader can be given an option to state that he/she is on holiday.

From a personal point of view, I've just been on holiday for 15 days and wouldn't have been happy to find that the game had decided that it was going to offer my position to someone else in my absence. That could have been a real situation for me if my holiday had started after 22nd August, and will affect the next guild leader to go on holiday for over 15 days.

Also, it is unclear what guild leader inactivity actually means. How does the game decide that a guild leader has been inactive for 15 days? In order to be classed as active, does the guild leader have to:

a. Do guild quests?
    b. Login?
    c. Have someone visit their island (and buff buildings?) so that the settlers are still active?
    d. All of the above?

A bit more clarity would be appreciated.

Also, for the successors I believe that people would like to know how long they have to accept the guild leadership invitation. 'A few days' is not very specific, nor is 'about a week' for building a guild house. Do they get not only the option to accept the guild leadership, but also the option to decline it, or do they just have to wait for the offer to expire if they don't want to take it up? This is important, because it could cause a lot of problems for guilds if ten people have to go through the process of waiting 'a few days' to accept or decline guild leadership.

If someone misses the deadline and the guild leadership has to cycle through the whole ten players, what happens then? Does the retiring guild leader have to step down again, or does an absent guild leader get another 15 days' grace before the leadership gets offered to the first successor again?

Also, does the guild leader 'have' to rank 10 people for succession? It seems a bit silly to say you have to choose 10 people for succession regardless of how many people there are in guild or how many would be willing to become a guild leader. I'd prefer to nominate three people that would be willing to do the job rather than having to choose ten; it would also make the succession cycle shorter and less of a problem for smaller guilds.

Does the guild succession process have any effect on guild quests?

Reply to Thread