Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chat crashes

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Chat crashes

Hi

My chat window crash if I don't speak in it for 5-10min, its very annoying because it then shows im offline to everyone else, they cant /w me and of course the moment I speak in any channel trade/guild it crashes and reboots, I have used IE, Firefox, Chrome, Comodo Dragon and all of them crash no matter what I do, I have cleared all cashe on all of them but nothing seems to change this.

Is this a server related issue? This happens a lot and I mean a lot

World
    Newfoundland
    This sounds like it might be a connection based issue, how are you connected to the internet?

Have you tried to see if this happens on another machine as well?
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Hi peck_ed

Thank you for your reply, my connection has always been the same and this only started once the new update with fairy tale came, I have 2 computers and a laptop at hope and depending of the time of the day I play on them all, my laptop recently got formatted and I also play this at work it seems to happen on all of them. I am also getting massive lag in pretty much anything I do with game crashes, I just tried logging into settlers and game loaded and crashed (gives the refresh error) I am sure I can't be the only one that's experiencing this.

I would like to add, it doesn't seem to matter what time of the day I play either, the lag of course goes down a lot, but the chat crash doesn't.

Rislem

World
    Newfoundland
    Ah okay, I guess another step would be to check if its maybe internet connection related, have you tried connecting with your laptop elsewhere? The other thing to do would be clearing any cache in both your browser and flash to see if that helps. There is always also Support you can ask to see if there is maybe something wrong with your account
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Sandycove
    http://prntscr.com/1njo2e

like this you mean i get it alot just thought it was another bug in the game makes no difference whether i use wired or wireless internet

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    To be on the safe side I would advise a anti-virus scan to ensure you have not been infected with something which is eating your CPU cycles.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    i reported this a long time ago to support, i did everything they asked and recently more and more ( finally ) get the same problem
    yippeee

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Yup, support doesn't bother reading this, its easier to send a forum moderator to keep us busy and hope we just stop complaining, but now BlueByte is very happy to announce a "premium" subscription, as long as we give them money, they couldn't care less about there broken platform.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    It generally happens when there's a poor connection, not necessarily your own internet connection, but somewhere en route to the server, and their router/switches have been known to play up.
    However, over a year ago, Germany 9 was plagued with this for over 3 months. Trading became almost impossible (old system), no whisper, and even in game mail became flaky. Would love to have found what the cause was, and how they finally fixed it. Might have some bearing on this problem.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I agree Nogbad, would be awesome of a dev could take the time to read and maybe respond on this, at least tell us if there aware f this problem, I came to visit my father thats in a completely different city and has a much faster connection than me, yet same story.

Closed Thread