Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Refund at Trade Office mistake: yes or no?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Discussion: Refund at Trade Office mistake: yes or no?

Hello,

It happens sometimes when you or a friend of yours installs a trade on the Trade Office which is/was a mistake.
    Whatever that mistake is a zero more or less, lag or any other error: that does not matter.

What happens is this:

You surf the Trade Office and see someone selling 1000 beans for 1400 coins. You, of course, think "good deal, I'll accept".

Then, the guy who installed that trade sends you an email. Which says, in essence 'please send it back'.

Would you do that or not?

What I would do is send an amount back and send an email with a warning regarding the Trade Office, always double check!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    happened in the course of writing gc was not going to accept 14000gc already gone on 1400gc offer and bought the player you please bring me back, but he did it only half of the trade.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Depends how much of a decent person you are. If I believed that someone honestly listed something by mistake in this case 1000 beans for 1400gc is a mistake and I was the winning buyer I would return the items if asked.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i think it depends on how the person asks me to return the trade if its nice enough i will return it, but if its very short message not

World
    Sandycove
    i offer the stuff back when i get what i think is a mistake trade as i mail them or whisper them
    then its up to the person if they want me to set up reverse trade etc

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    They should have paid attention... Plenty of chances to see what you're selling... their loss

I've gained by it and lost by it... now I pay extra attention when I sell *lol*

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    It all depends how they ask for it back. If they are up front, apologetic and appeal to my very little kinder side then yes, they will probably get a trade back. If they get all demanding right off the bat then no dice, their mistake not mine.

I have made mistakes in trade before and chalked it up to experience. Paying 1000 coins for 400 marble made me check what I do.

World
    Newfoundland
    If it's on the open market then it's free pickings for anyone with a keen eye. Free market is hunting grounds for the bargain hunter.

If I spot a bargain on the market, you can be sure I won't let it stay there very long.
    There are no mistakes, only good bargains!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Game is PG-7. If you are looking for free market economy, then this is not Eve Online, where everything works "as is". You get one mail in game, which asks you politely for the return of goods and then support gets second email with snapshots and everything. As, I understand some people let the email stage pass, as some sort of learning experience for them. Too much hassle maybe. Trade scamming is actually a banning offense in this game. When I see too good offers on market I simply just pass them over. There is no reason for me to risk losing my entire game account over some accidentally entered market offer. Right?

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Trade-Scammers

World
    Newfoundland
    Grabbing a bargain on the market is not a scam.

If a high street retailer accidentally marks an item on display at the wrong price, you have every right to expect to pay that price, no matter how low it is.
    If a person marks a trade at the wrong price, you have every right to pay that price.

Paying the asking price is NOT a scam!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread