Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Woodcutter changes will IMPACT the economy!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Now that everybody knows how the mechanics work. They should learn to take advantage of it and adopt and adapt to the way it is now.

It will allow you to free up more space on the island to build better things. Then you guys can also join the bandwagon and complain to BB about the Nerf. So they don't bother changing it.

You guys have been screaming about how you're running out of island space and how you want to have another island. Well this wood cutter mechanic allows you to have a lot of space now. So use it! Learn it! Take advantage of it. And join the campaign in getting BB to stop messing with the woodcutter behaviors.

This mechanic BENEFITS you! So use it. The only reason to use the 3:2 is if you like the trees all over the island as decoration.

STOP BB from wasting their time on the tree huggers!

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...-changes/page4

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    Now that everybody knows how the mechanics work. They should learn to take advantage of it and adopt and adapt to the way it is now.
    I disagree.
    If you take advantage of a flaw/exploit/whatever you want to call it, you lose every right to complain about it when they try to fix it.

You're also not able to verify that the intended "fix" hit massively those who always "lived by the rules", like many have done instead.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Well, there is a new version up on the testserver today and this new behaviour is removed. So BB are obviously rethinking/redesigning the changes.
    Last edited by Dragavon; 30.08.13 at 10:18.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Well, there is a new version up on the testserver today and this new behaviour is removed. So BB are obviously rethinking/redesigning the changes.
    Yes, that's why this matter has been brought to the attention of everyone, to make it so BB redesigned their solution, and not to encourage people to cheat.

Cheating is never the good way to go.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    A BB in chat on Zesus server had responded once to the wood cutter behavior as being okay and not an exploit/cheat but an optimization.

Like how they responded to the shrub removal trick.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-removal-trick

World
    Newfoundland
    But if anything goes wrong with those specific buildings please note that we can't help you fix it x)
    This screams "this isn't supported, don't moan when it goes" to me.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post

It will allow you to free up more space on the island to build better things. Then you guys can also join the bandwagon and complain to BB about the Nerf. So they don't bother changing it.

You guys have been screaming about how you're running out of island space and how you want to have another island. Well this wood cutter mechanic allows you to have a lot of space now. So use it! Learn it! Take advantage of it. And join the campaign in getting BB to stop messing with the woodcutter behaviors.

This mechanic BENEFITS you! So use it. The only reason to use the 3:2 is if you like the trees all over the island as decoration.

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...-changes/page4
    +1 Part of the enjoyable challenge of this game is how to make best use of the limited space on the island. It is satisfying to be able to beat the system in ways like this and is in no way cheating. Fixing it will not make the game more playable or more enjoyable or less frustrating. Nor do I think it will bring more revenue to BB.
    Fixing bugs and developing the game should be far higher on the priority list than this.
    (I also think that BB are too focussed on delivering solutions to economy management - like the Economy Overview. I would prefer them to make the raw data available "legally" so that players can develop and share a variety of tools that extract and use the data in different ways. )

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I think the problem with tree deposits at the moment is that there are far too many of them and they all contain a small amount of trees. No other deposit works in this way. For fish, meat, stone, marble, copper ore, iron ore, coal and gold ore there are a certain amount of defined deposits around the island with either a relatively large amount in them, or the capacity to be stocked with a large amount. We don't have small fish deposits in every inlet and all the way around the lake, nor do we have small mineral deposits in all the rocky areas; if this was the case, then we would see fishermen and miners moving from one deposit to the next in order to carry on fishing or mining and their production would vary.

If the tree deposits were rationalised so that one 'wooded area' contained one deposit rather than about 5, a forester could concentrate on planting in that area. For instance S1 currently contains about 40 tree deposits. This could be reduced to about 5 'wooded areas' and 5 separate deposits.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I like having my island covered in trees, to me there is nothing worse than an island looking like a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    I like having my island covered in trees, to me there is nothing worse than an island looking like a post apocalyptic wasteland.
    Hope you have good eye-sight those pesky herbs and banners are hard to spot amongst the trees :-)

On subject, glad that this has been reconsidered, although I run proper ratio's this would of affected me greatly.

Reply to Thread