Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Woodcutter changes will IMPACT the economy!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    There is an easy solution for the entire problem. At the moment the forrester or cutter LEAVES the number of trees is deducted or increased. This will mean that if an tree has 8 logs and you will send two cutters L5 on them that the first one gets 5 logs and the second 3 logs. But it also means that if you have two cutters and 1 forrester moving towards it, that it will work for that cycle.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    It's called a TEST server for a reason... If BB are stupid enough to take that 'fix' live across the other servers then they deserve all the derision they will no doubt receive. As for the folks who have been exploiting the loophole, and given that BB are obviously now planning to close it, surely now would be a good time to start preparations for when they get a fix working properly and implement it? They've reaped the benefits of the exploit and should just be thankful of the forewarning.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    my 5 cents.

I think this fix is a good fix..... sure it will cause some level 50 players to no longer have the pinewood they need but in my opinion thats a good thing.

TSO has a market for a reason. If bigger players cannot make own supplies they need to buy on TO and in this way support the growth of smaller players. this builds up the whole server. I like the fact that one player cannot become selfsufficiant in all his needs and greeds..

So to my friends at level 50 or near thats gonna feel this please change your attetude towrds this and support TO for these products. the prices will not go mad forever. soon many players will make extra wood. And harmony will return.

alternatively... break down some of your goldchains and then balance again.

Thanx to BB for making it work the way it was intended.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinXII View Post
    ..... sure it will cause some level 50 players to no longer have the pinewood they need
    It will cause ALL level players to no longer have the pinewood (AND hardwood) they need, not only 50!!

It breaks 3:2 ratio and grouped setups. If it goes live the way it is in test now.

Even if you're only, let's say, level 25 or 30, you'll be hit by this, even if you never took advantage of it, if you nicely grouped your 3:2 foresters and cutters like many many players do (if not almost all of them).

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    If it only affects the people using a loophole then its a good thing, but if it messes everyones production up its stupid, I've always used the 3:2 ratio so as long as that still works I'm happy

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    If it only affects the people using a loophole then its a good thing, but if it messes everyones production up its stupid, I've always used the 3:2 ratio so as long as that still works I'm happy
    +1

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Woodcutter changes removed from test server

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethelion View Post
    Woodcutter changes removed from test server
    Yes, they're listening. Thank you BB!!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I doubt we've seen the last of this, I imagine the new woodcutters are taking a break to get an intelligence upgrade.

Remember, the least wanted new additions ever, "collectibles", disappeared from the test server but have made a comeback.
    I can't wait to be unable to build something because an invisible asparagus stalk has grown in the way.

I must say, the changed woodcutter behaviour would have been easier to test if the test island didn't have immovable rose beds on it.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    I doubt we've seen the last of this
    Of course we don't

The fact that they removed it though means they acknowledged it wasn't working right, now we wait for a new solution, hoping they'll listen to the good proposals people have made about it

Reply to Thread