Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watermills and improvements

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Watermills and improvements

I wanna ask the developers, concerning the low island space, if they could update the watermills. We all know that building wells, takes too long, considering the water consumption that high level players have. Beacause of that we need watermills. Due to the fact that a lot of players have allready occupied all their available island space for building I suggest either make the watermills occupy less space, or produce a double quantity of water. In my oppinion from the very beggining, the dimensions of the watermills were absolutely ridiculous, compared to the building's production capabilities. I hope someone will see and do a quick fix of this problem.
    But then... i see the new residence (from beans - 500 population - nice job!) but still TOO big for the little space available on island. THOSE DEVELOPERS have to THINK that NOW THIS IS A GAME BASED ON BUILDING (as we still can't see development for PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER or for NEW LEVELS and NEW (old) DEPOSITES TO THE RESOURCES NEEDED (eg. Granite)).
    And if you, dear developers, are relying that the players must be involved in gathering new buildings available (fairy tale castle, etc) you MUST PROVIDE THE HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS (who have the capability of gathering those extra expensive beans) THE BUILDING SPACE NEEDED. all of them paid LOTS OF RESOURCES for UPGRADING THE BUILDINGS UP TO LVL 5 to improve their production (space for new buildings was short), and now, you come and tell them they have to destroy previous hard upgraded buildings so that could they make room for now ones? that is noo good.
    I STRONGLY suggest as an URGENT developement matter, to enlarge the island (adding a bridge, and i don't know, putting dragons to guard it, and then map the new land with explorers or something), so that the players can still be occupied with building stuff, while you finish the PVP feature. On high levels, the game becomes really boring - you don't have to be Einstein to figure it out: no PVP, no building space, no more experience, not a real fast possibility to get hard resources (granite), nothing.
    By the way, when you finished, fairy tale adventures, did you estimated that one lvl 50 players with a strong production, will be able to get all the stuf in the shop in MORE THAN one year??

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Greed is one of the 7 deadly sins.

World
    Newfoundland
    You could always buy water from trade, if your island is full, you are likely producing a lot of resources that sometimes you might not use, these could be used to sell for coins and in return purchase any shortfall you might have in water.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i managed to get all the stuff i need from my island. I am trading the surplus for coins. water is not what i trade, but neither i sell. Some things could be more accesible, and more well proportioned. The watermill provides the same amount of water as a well, but it still double in size. Absurde. We'll see when you will get your island full. Now i don;t have mine full, but it is a sugestion, and a good one.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    it's not about greed, its about gaming. take a look at the islands of the ones 50 level and you will see what i am talking about. and this island space suggestion is good also for the game creators, cuz once you have no space left to build, you leave the game cuz there is nothing else you can do.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Actually, because a watermill never runs out, it's a 'well' that is worth upgrading. Upgrading to level 3 is cheap, and then you have 3 'wells' in the space of 1½.

Also, the magnificent residence holds more population than 4 nobles that would occupy the same space.

Space is a resource, and Settlers is about resource management. And clicking.
    Last edited by Hairy; 28.08.13 at 18:57.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes a watermill may take up the space of 2 wells, but they may also be upgraded to L5, so in actuality you have 5 wells in the space of 2, and those 5 wells only need 1 settler to man them 24/7 and never need to be rebuilt.

As for island building space that to me is a non issue, manage your space as you do every other resource, more building area will not be a solution as that will only get filled too.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    please take a look at my island to see if i waste any space

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    There are a number of spots on the island where the available gap is 3 wide. This means that in these locations you could fit either 1 well, or 1 watermill, leaving the, effectively the same size. I try to find these locations, and intend on my mills to go there. Being viable to upgrade them to level 5 then means I've effectively got 5 wells in the exact spot 1 could go. You could try to do the same.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well if you work it out right then you actually can place 2 watermills in the same space as you have 3 wells, giving at lvl 3 the same as 6 wells and if willing to upgrade to lvl 5 the same as 10 wells. So its all a question about optimizing ones island and willingness to upgrade full out.

Reply to Thread