Reply to Thread

Thread: Bundling items in 1 trade

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Bundling items in 1 trade

Sometimes I want to sell an item but ask for payment in different resources e.g. selling 1000 marble, asking for 10 coins plus 100 water.
    Or someone might be selling a friary for 9,000 coins, but I only have 8,000 coins and 200 map fragments.

Could the trade system by expanded to allow multiple resources to be offered? At present, the solutions all require trust and honesty, for instance buying the example friary for 8,000 coins, then buying a fish for 200 map fragments. If one of the parties decides to rip off the other party by only accepting one of the two trades, there is no recourse.

Being able to offer 1000 marble + 1000 water, requesting 10 coins + 50 gold bars as payment would solve all these issues.

World
    Newfoundland
    Why not simply sell the 200 map frags for gold coins and buy the friary with the full amount of 9000 gold coins afterwards?
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are other workarounds, including sending 2 trades, so while I agree that this would be nice I don't actually see it ever reaching the top half of my priority list for the Devs.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    In your example I'd do the mf first, then the friary.

World
    Newfoundland
    What I would find more useful is the ability to request payment in multiple different resources, lets say up to 4 as an example number.

I feel doing it like this:

Sell: Silo. Request: 2500gc + 15000 Marble.
    Just makes the market place a little more confusing or complex. Any potential buyer then needs to look up and work out the best prices for marble in order to figure out if the asked for amount is worth more or less the slack that’s lacking in the gold coinage. Also if that’s the only offer within the buyer’s price range but they don’t have the 15k marble it would mean they would have to faff around trying to buy the 15000 marble first in order to be able to accept the offer.

However I’m all for this:

Sell: Silo. Request: 3200gc or 710mf or 200 beans.
    Keeping it to one type of resource as payment but giving us the ability to ask for alternative payments for a single sale seems more useful to me along with it being clearer cut and a little less confusing.

There could then be more flexible pricing. For example I might want beans more right now so I keep the other 2 prices at a good market rate but lower the bean cost by 5 or 10 in order to entice those with beans into giving me the resource I want more. Or if I’m buying I put up alternative prices that are higher on the thing I want.
    Last edited by Dopey; 29.08.13 at 08:21.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Reply to Thread