Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Player voting for new features/visibility of BB acceptance

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Player voting for new features/visibility of BB acceptance

We see many suggestions for new features. Some good, some not quite so good. Some complex to implement, some trivial.
    A simple voting system of thumbs up/thumbs down (perhaps next to the "report post" icon) would allow BB to quickly see the most popular ideas.

More importantly, how about some more visibility from BB about whether ideas are being considered, accepted, and put in a developer's queue of work?

There's a recent request for the 25-limit to be increased on certain items e.g. fish deposits, buffs, recruits. Every single reply was supporting it. It is technically simple to implement. If BB were to post that they had accepted the suggestion, and lock the thread, it would save players sending PMs to BB_Alpaca, adding further "+1" requests to the thread, and would make it clear that no further requests were necessary. Yes, it might take a few weeks to actually happen, but at least we would know it is considered a worthwhile idea by BB and we can stop asking.

If other players like this idea they can use the thumbs-up button to vote for it... oh, no you can't.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    :d
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    thumbs-up! +1

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like this idea! Shouldn't be too hard to implement a like/dislike option in these threads.

World
    Newfoundland
    +1

World
    Sandycove
    its just a matter of finding the right plugin for VB I guess, or code a new one

World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    We don't need voing or anything complicated.

We just need the community managers to keep us updated of what feedback they have chosen to give to the developers each week (there's an old post somewhere saying there are/were weekly meetings where they do this) and what the response to that feedback was.

To my mind, that's the job of a community manager...

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm keen to do my best to implement this. Can you clarify how I could make it best work for you all? Will there be certain things selected each week, otherwise votes will just accumulate and maybe the same thing would be 'top' each week.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    My first thought is that if such a system went in, that the votes would get wiped at intervals, perhaps weekly or fortnightly to allow new things a chance to shine.

If the same old things keep returning to the top, then they would certainly be things that need addressing. Not to say that the things necessarily need to be done, I'm sure some will be infeasible/unpractical, but if they keep being voted up presumably we don't understand why, but at least some feedback on those things discussing the idea from someone like yourself would be good.

Closed Thread