Reply to Thread

Thread: Give the general a flag please

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove

Give the general a flag please

One of the annoying things in Settlers Online is that it is usually impossible to see your general when he is moving through a forest.

It would be great if he carried a flag or standard on a pole that poked up above the trees so we could see where he is at all times

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree especially with these new adventures and some long walks.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Perhaps if you clicked the garrison again any time after sending him it could show the normal red flags for the remainder of his path - you could then work out easily where he was and remind yourself where he was heading.

It would also be useful if you could do this on lootspotters generals as well

Similar for transferring would also help, perhaps by clicking the destination garrison.
    Last edited by Tripi; 31.08.13 at 16:36.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Hmmm. If a general carried a flag on a pole it would get stuck in the tree tops, and let's face it, generals are slow enough already.

But yes, some method of highlighting or centre-screening of the general (when clicking his garisson) would be great.

I don't enjoy the mini game of "where's my idiot at now?" on treeey adventures.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Flag would be cool, or whatever. Also I don't think a flag would slow down a general. He would make one of the recruits carry it! Or even a special flag bearer

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    At last i thought i was the only one who when doing an adventure wanted an axe to get rid of those blasted trees so i could see where my Generals were attacking its a nightmare when the target is in the trees to work out when to send the next attack instead of having to wait till he's finished on the long attacks it makes for a long wait before attacks so a flag would be nice

Reply to Thread