Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PVP has arrived. BUT we're still last to get it!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    To be honest, this isnt the right sort of game to incorporate PVP into, its a slow building and resource game...umm have you noticed? its not like other fighting games and certainly alot different to other some other online games with PVP which I will not mention due to the rules.
    I for one will never, never play PVP and I wont even bother with games that include that. Should PVP become a main quest or we are forced to play that part of the game I will be leaving and NOT coming back.
    As for attacking other peoples island, thats a joke, higher levels will go in and destroy lower lvl players islands, how unfair and stupid is that.
    Wipe PVP and keep settlers in its proper format, PVP will only ruin the game and BB will lose alot of players should it come in.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Haha I can not believe you guys. You do not want pvp in this game? But there are military forces in this game yes? So, you think those military forces are used to sing military songs? If you are scared to face me or any other player, just hide in your islands and play adventures as usual, pvp will not change your game one bit. But do not say this game should not have pvp. Because me and other players want pvp. They promised pvp by the end of 2013, so if on 1st of January there is no pvp I will gift my special buildings to my guild friends and bye-bye

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Go play another game WITH pvp then.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Go play another game WITH pvp then.
    PvP is on the roadmap for the game, but as they've said before, it will be optional, so players who don't want to play wont have to, and those who do want to, can do it off their own island.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by HotCookie2013 View Post
    To be honest, this isnt the right sort of game to incorporate PVP into, its a slow building and resource game...umm have you noticed? its not like other fighting games and certainly alot different to other some other online games with PVP which I will not mention due to the rules.
    I for one will never, never play PVP and I wont even bother with games that include that. Should PVP become a main quest or we are forced to play that part of the game I will be leaving and NOT coming back.
    As for attacking other peoples island, thats a joke, higher levels will go in and destroy lower lvl players islands, how unfair and stupid is that.
    Wipe PVP and keep settlers in its proper format, PVP will only ruin the game and BB will lose alot of players should it come in.
    This game is actually the right game for pvp. The old settlers game had pvp where you fight for control of the island and towers.

This could be done with this game as a separate island that people would go to. you send a boat of settlers and starting resources and see who can win that map. whatever you earn from that map you take home. such as gathering rare/expert resources.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Chinese pvp system

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    guess not

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Is PVP even possible? What will we fight for? Granite or exotic wood? I have enough of everything.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I imagine PvP will be a blind commit type of game.

Player 1 deploys towers/troops.
    Player 2 deploys towers/troops.

Neither player 1 or player 2 can see what the other has deployed.

Attacks will then start to take place automatically (and perhaps take many hours/days?) to auto-complete.

Rewards will be 'rare' buffs, and items (beans, etc.)

I expect the funny thing will be:
    Those who really want PvP will get a 'PvP' that is not at all as they would have wanted it.
    Those who really don't want PvP will get a 'PvP' that is not nearly as bad as they thought it would be and might actually try it.
    It will probably be a 'novelty' system that is used a bit when first out then only sporadically used thereafter (as it is by its nature not a 'core' system).

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    u can watch it instead of imagine it ,.....pvp is implemented already in the asian servers

Reply to Thread