Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PVP has arrived. BUT we're still last to get it!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    The Asian PVP is region specific, they do their own game development so it's not necessarily an indication of how it would be implemented here.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Asian PVP is region specific, they do their own game development so it's not necessarily an indication of how it would be implemented here.
    what^??? dudes imagine to be a developer , would u just make minor changes between region games according to the specific tastes ? or build a diffrent game for every regional community out there??
    it' s cristal clear that pvp will work more or less in the same way in the different regional games....

World
    Sandycove
    Baggis is right, as can be read in this post

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    And TSO has had "regional variations" right from the word go, some minor and occasionally something major that leaves me scratching my head in disbelief. For instance, Pirate Huts were on the US flavour long before we ever saw them here, but we've never seen General Klotz who came with the "Premium Pack" (although the Frozen Manors, Ice Mines and Nords2 have filtered through in a manner).

Personally I'm not fussed about PvP, it was never a core feature of the original (and best), besides there's already a myriad of PvP games about, not so many decent 'builders' though. To accommodate it would need some quite dramatic shifts in both the 'engine' and playing habits.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 21.01.14 at 20:52.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    And TSO has had "regional variations" right from the word go, some minor and occasionally something major that leaves me scratching my head in disbelief. For instance, Pirate Huts were on the US flavour long before we ever saw them here, but we've never seen General Klotz who came with the "Premium Pack" (although the Frozen Manors, Ice Mines and Nords2 have filtered through in a manner).

Personally I'm not fussed about PvP, it was never a core feature of the original (and best), besides there's already a myriad of PvP games about, not so many decent 'builders' though. To accommodate it would need some quite dramatic shifts in both the 'engine' and playing habits.
    these variations , as was said , are minor variations , ....c'mon pirate huts , and diffrent generals types are not big changes .....
    we talk about giving a sense to the exp .....

people at lvl 50 just want to know who is the stronger ,.....otherwise what's the point of weapons and military production ?? watch the statistics? (really??)
    it's frustrating to level up to do adventures that make you level up better ...then what?

by the way stop with this " settlers is not a PVP thing , there are many others mmorpg to have pvp ...bla bla bla"
    settlers was born for PVP since the earlier versions back in the 90's ....dudes i played settlers from the very number 1 §(amiga 500 ver. )

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whilst I agree with your sentiments on PVP: it's going to be optional and it is in keeping with the original Settlers games I don't agree with the regional variations being minor. The Asian servers as stated are developed by a different team and they have their own content, they even have different resources. Notice 8k granite from one adventure, it hints to the fact the economy is of a totally different balance too.

[Screenshots removed]
    Last edited by Baggis; 23.01.14 at 12:47.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    well , i understand that ,
    i just consider such a thing as minor change ,.....i played the chinese version too , this is why i'm saying is not so different....
    and yes of course there are many differences between the 2 versions....but i'm referring to some core issues , as the combat system ,
    that as a mater of fact are equals without doubts ......the game is the same....

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    at Ieast they are going somewhere with the game i think they wiII change the combat system as of when i have no idea, ppI that dont Iike PvP dont have to get invoIved if its optionaI which is great news, im Iooking forward to PvP myseIf as i find adventures extremIy boring that i do one once in a bIue moon and their fore i wiII never get to IvI 50 thru doing adventures aIone at Ieast this way i have another option

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by eugenio-82 View Post
    these variations , as was said , are minor variations , ....c'mon pirate huts , and diffrent generals types are not big changes .....
    we talk about giving a sense to the exp .....

people at lvl 50 just want to know who is the stronger ,.....otherwise what's the point of weapons and military production ?? watch the statistics? (really??)
    it's frustrating to level up to do adventures that make you level up better ...then what?

by the way stop with this " settlers is not a PVP thing , there are many others mmorpg to have pvp ...bla bla bla"
    settlers was born for PVP since the earlier versions back in the 90's ....dudes i played settlers from the very number 1 §(amiga 500 ver. )
    I deliberately didn't list some of the more 'major' differences, as they cause a lot of aggro.
    And "dudes", if you want to play "my dad is bigger than your dad", I still have the testing diskette and the editor program. Somewhere deep in the BB vaults is my bug report showing how to stuff Mission 11 by completing it without all the factors registering, so it never lets you go onto Mission 12.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm looking forward to something new to do in the game. A bit of competition is going to make the game a bit less pointless feeling at lvl 50. Hopefully it's done in a way that makes it actually worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Go play another game WITH pvp then.
    Why? This game is getting PvP
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Reply to Thread