Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [OPEN] Guild stops receiving the daily Guild Quests

World
    Sandycove

[OPEN] Guild stops receiving the daily Guild Quests

Short description:
    The guild doesn't receive new Guild Quests. The first symptoms seem to be that you don't receive a waiting Guild Quest (when your current Guild Quest isn't finished in time).

Screenshot:
    Since the absence of something isn't easily screenshotted, I use 2 screenshots on 2 subsequent days.
    30 August:
    31 August:

Possible cause:
    Unknown, might be related to players joining/leaving, not finishing your guild quest in time...

Prevention:
    Unknown

Workaround:
    Unknown
    you could try letting players leave and rejoin (beware there is a 24h cooldown before you can rejoin a guild) (Doesn't work tried myself)

Related:
    Original thread(s): 1, 2
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.09.13 at 06:46.

World
    Sandycove
    Updates:
    [2013-09-01] Added
    [2013-09-01] Kicking a member that was on last guild quest is no workaround
    Last edited by Fexno; 03.09.13 at 19:26.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Though we've had no Waiting Guild Quest for days, now that we've completed at last a new GQ has appeared out of thin air. When we let go a member who had the quest active it completed immediately (accepting 13 done instead of 14) and the next appeared soon after, not as quickly as a Waiting Quest does but it didn't take long.

The new GQ is very nice but not entirely comforting since the missing Waiting is exactly how it started the last two times when we lost them completely. The first time GQs were gone for two weeks and were restored with a reset to fix a different GQ bug, the second time they were gone for two months and with no (useful) news from Support or the The Powers we abandoned our old guild and founded a new one, this also worked as a reset. A very expensive reset indeed but there was nothing else on offer nor sign of anything to come.

While we have ours back 'for now' there are other guilds who've not seen a quest for a while and any news on the (also missing) bi-weekly reset:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama
    We will perform a guild quest reset every two weeks until we apply a corrective patch.

[News] Guild Quest Reset
    would be much appreciated. The guild overview can't help sort what simply isn't there but the resets can, unfortunately the last was on 08.08 and since then, nothing.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 02.09.13 at 14:16.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    My guild PIGS OF ROUND TABLE, doesnt have guild quest for 3 weeks already. I have contact support, BB, every day. They know about this situacion, and all im getting from them is this.... [ Removed ] and every mail from them is same...for 3 weeks...

I just cant imagine, that they can solve this problem, 3 weeks has passed...So im mad now, mu guild members are angry also.We all have spend our guild coins.

Any discussion or exchange with a Support agent, moderator or admin is considered private. It is forbidden to copy/paste your exchange on the forum or on the chat,
    peck_ed
    Last edited by peck_ed; 03.09.13 at 16:55.

World
    Sandycove
    My guild Democrazy [Vote] is experiencing this problem too, so most of the information in the first post is from first hand experience.
    We don't know exactly what triggered the problem. We did gain a member the day before we lost our guild quest. The first symptom was that we didn't have a waiting guild quest, while our guild quest was a day late. When we finished that guild quest we also didn't receive a new guild quest and haven't gotten one since a week.

Yesterday I tried to restart the guild quest by letting myself be kicked out of the guild. It didn't work. Just rejoined after my 24 hour cooldown, so one hope is that we get a new guild quest tomorrow. I'll let you know, but I'm don't expect it to work.

For all those guilds out there that have this problem, try to remember what happened around the time you lost your guildquest. Also it would help if you told us what your guild tried to do to fix it. Even if it didn't work, since that will save others the trouble to try it as well.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    We have no guild quest at all. This happend with the maintanance on August 22nd. I am hoping this will be fixed with the quest reset that should be tonight.

World
    Northisle
    Our guild lost our guild quests for 3 MONTHS last year this is how long it took us to get it back and we got NO sorry or anything and every guild member mailed support

World
    Sandycove
    After maintenance my guild [Vote] has guild quests again.

As to the reason why...
    I do not know yet.
    It could very well be a guild quest reset or, the only other reason I can think of is: one of our longtime inactives became active again
    Last edited by Fexno; 05.09.13 at 10:43. Reason: tried to improve on a horrible sentence :P

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Ah glad you've got a qorking quest again!

But I dont think it was a reset. We finished our guildquest yesterday. We already didn't get a waiting for a while, and no new one has arrived. Maintenance didn't bring a new one either.

If the developers do have e-mail, could they just answer the question: Why is there no reset for the guild-quests anymore?

Did they think they had permanently fixed the guildquests, did they forget about the resets, or is the reset broken itself now? It's not a terribly complex question, unless they have no way to send a message. Which leads to the valid question: Do they have/know how to use e-mail?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    But I dont think it was a reset. We finished our guildquest yesterday. We already didn't get a waiting for a while, and no new one has arrived. Maintenance didn't bring a new one either.
    I don't think there was a reset either: yesterday we were stuck on 7/9 for the guild quest. Today it is on 8/9.

Reply to Thread