Reply to Thread

Thread: Server performance

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Server performance

Although it was nice to receive gifts for the UK servers coming out of beta status, it's a shame they're running so badly at the minute. My assumption is that it's due to the new content: it seems like every time new content is introduced; it takes weeks or months to get the servers back on track.

Examples at the minute are battle reports being received out of order; display showing fights ongoing after they're finished; buff stack numbers not updating correctly whilst buffing friends; mails being received when being buffed even when on home island; lootboot if performing any other action on home island after accepting an invite etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, the new content is great, but taking the servers out of beta status at the min seems to suggest that BB don't think there is a current performance issue... interested to see whether other people agree/disagree and whether it's perceived to be the same across the servers.

World
    Sandycove
    I totally agree with all the above.
    Just 1 thing why take the game out beta status even though they haven't fixed all ongoing bugs and now we have new ones also it makes no sense to me.
    There are problems that should be sorted out before they bring in any new content i think, however the Halloween event is going to just add more bugs into the mix once again.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the easy thing to adjust which will also help server performance is these stupid increments when making buffs, soldiers and other things. The amount of clicks and server requests to build an army is stupid. Change it to a box I can enter a number that is then 1 request not 30 times 25.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by toastkid View Post
    Although it was nice to receive gifts for the UK servers coming out of beta status, it's a shame they're running so badly at the minute. My assumption is that it's due to the new content: it seems like every time new content is introduced; it takes weeks or months to get the servers back on track.

Examples at the minute are battle reports being received out of order; display showing fights ongoing after they're finished; buff stack numbers not updating correctly whilst buffing friends; mails being received when being buffed even when on home island; lootboot if performing any other action on home island after accepting an invite etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, the new content is great, but taking the servers out of beta status at the min seems to suggest that BB don't think there is a current performance issue... interested to see whether other people agree/disagree and whether it's perceived to be the same across the servers.
    If the performance issues are due to new content, then surely both beta and non-beta servers will be experiencing the same problems when new updates are implemented? Also, I thought that the beta tag was for localisation, rather than general game performance.

Reply to Thread