Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Login Issues (looping)

World
    Sandycove
    I have IE 9 and its still looping, switched to firefox myself for the mean time.

After being pestered via whisp

If you clear you temp internet files on the first login it will prompt for username and password and work correctly however if you tick the remember password box and login and then log out on the next login when you just enter password it loops.

The login bar along the top seems to work regardless of whether you have entered the username its just the login button that turns into a play button that loops (for me) on logins where you are only entering the password so a simple solution seems to be to un-tick the remember box and let auto complete stick the username and password in till they have fixed.
    Last edited by EternalPink; 04.09.13 at 12:13.

World
    Sandycove
    Did some more testing together with EternalPink.

Using the blue round button (and thus the login dialog) to log in does not work.

Using the top loginbar seems to work fine.

So for now, if you use internet explorer, use the loginbar on the top of your screen.

World
    Northisle

Angry still can't get in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scattybat View Post
    I've tried all the suggestions but nothing has worked until today.
    Same here. They did something on the site to the script that FINALLY allowed me to get in.
    Havent' been able to since Sep. 1!!
    SOOOO FRUSTRATING that they don't even post anything to the users that shows they're aware of the issue AND working to fix! GRRRRR!

UPDATE: well, I was mistaken. I only got to the home page when I finally was able to get in - but it will not take me to "PLAY" when I click it. It just comes back to the homepage.

What does it take for someone to fix what's wrong - an act of God??!!

No self censorship please, the title of this post has been changed.
    Thanks,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 04.09.13 at 13:50.

World
    Sandycove
    Elles0705, since you are logged in, can you get into the game if you click here: http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play ?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Did some more testing together with EternalPink.

Using the blue round button (and thus the login dialog) to log in does not work.

Using the top loginbar seems to work fine.

So for now, if you use internet explorer, use the loginbar on the top of your screen.
    I´m sorry to say that I still I have trouble using the loginbar at top screen. Tried it about 1 hour ago. So at the moment i´m still using the "my profile" tip.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    And yet there is STILL NO INFORMATION about how to login if you're experiencing difficulties on the homepage where that information needs to be...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have been trying to get in for a couple of days, deleted cookies/history etc but no joy.
    Have finally just got in and have lost the daily login bonus!!!

World
    Sandycove
    At the moment all the testcases that didn't work for me in Internet Explorer 8 yesterday are working now.

The top bar was suddenly working when I checked it at 12:00 BST (I tried it around 8 BST too, but then it was still looping at least every other try)

Then EternalPink told me that there were still loop problems in Internet Explorer 9. After some testing EternalPink noticed that the topbar was indeed working, but the logindialog (available via the round blue "LOG IN" button) was still looping. Internet Explorer 8 had the same problem as well. (To my shame I had only tried the loginbar )

When I tried the logindialog just now it was working normally (and with tried I mean logging off and on at least 10 times without looping once)

So at the moment I cannot reproduce the problem in Internet Explorer 8 and 9. I didn't install any updates, so I'm at a loss why people still experience the problem.

There is one thing that one could try. Out of habit I always use a Ctrl+F5 to force a full reload on the homepage before testing these kind of things, so that might have had some effect that I didn't realize.

Please note that this thread discusses the "looping" log in issue. You log in, but instead of arriving on the "logged in" homepage you return to the "logged out" homepage and have to log in again.
    Last edited by Fexno; 04.09.13 at 17:34.

Droid1
    No probs with Chrome, also managed to log in with IE10 after deleting temp files, cookies, history and active X filtering data. I could log on using the upper menu bar

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Just tried that, but that doesn't work in Internet Explorer 8. (maybe it does work in Internet Explorer 9?)

However you can log in by following the steps I described in this post here

Cheers,
    Fexno

PS. you can also go to the shop page (http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/shop) and use your normal way of logging in.
    It seems that this is a typical case of "breaking news"

Thanks Fexno Sorry I forget to tell that, I am using windows 8 IE 10. May be that's why its works for me. Next time I got problem I try your way.

Reply to Thread