Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Login Issues (looping)

World
    Northisle
    I was facing the same issue yesterday and alredy got an answer from support:

[ removed ]

So, maybe anothe set of Uplay account servers is in the "maintenance" right now...

As stated in the rules:
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Any discussion or exchange with a Support agent, moderator or admin is considered private. It is forbidden to copy/paste your exchange on the forum or on the chat
    -- Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 03.09.13 at 18:11.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I even watched the 15 minute video The Settlers - 20 years of videogame history in case that was a new pre-requisite for logging in...

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Today I have the same login problem then I figure it out how can I login. simply uncheck the box (remember Email) next to your password box. for me its works fine I have done it 3 time today.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by teenda View Post
    Today I have the same login problem then I figure it out how can I login. simply uncheck the box (remember Email) next to your password box. for me its works fine I have done it 3 time today.
    Just tried that, but that doesn't work in Internet Explorer 8. (maybe it does work in Internet Explorer 9?)

However you can log in by following the steps I described in this post here

Cheers,
    Fexno

PS. you can also go to the shop page (http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/shop) and use your normal way of logging in.
    It seems that this is a typical case of "breaking news"
    Last edited by Fexno; 03.09.13 at 21:56.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    no can`t log into the game. Logged into the first page though.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I've tried all the suggestions but nothing has worked until today. I've tried different pc's and laptops. I've tried IE8 and Firefox. I've tried logging in from the shop, from the forums, from the profile page, I've cleared my cache Lord knows how many times, I've changed my password. Nothing! I couldnt even log into forums to leave a comment on here until now. Settlers even had the cheek to send me an email telling me someone had tried to log into my account more than 5 times with the wrong password. Well I've got news for you Settlers, it really was me and it really was the right password!!

Today I found a way so not sure if it'll help anyone else....

First of all clear the history etc so when you type in the website, it doesnt automatically take you to your normal world homepage. For me it's www.thesettlersonline.com/en. That takes you to the original page where you signed up for an account. Make sure nothing is saved - no email address, no password etc. Delete everything if it is and untick the boxes. Close the page and open again to check nothing's there. Enter your details manually but dont let it save anything. Voila, I got in.

Ok, it's pretty basic, non-computer geek language, but for some of us 'oldies' hopefully it'll help you get in as nothing Settlers was suggesting seemed to help me.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    If you are having problems with Internet Explorer or Firefox, is it worth switching to another browser temporarily until BB have had a chance to fix the problem(s)? Chrome does work and Safari also seems to be okay. I know it's not ideal if you are using multiple computers, but it might be a temporary workaround if you use one computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    ^^ That information should be on the homepage where players who can't login can see it.

Obviously I was able to login, I used the HELP/SUPPORT button instead.

My point is, this is just another thing that did work that now doesn't.

Just look at the proliferation of login problems going on right now.
    Just a suggestion, could this thread be added to the 'Current Forum Threads' area on the homepage so that people can see it...at least until a solution is found? It would help the people that are struggling with login.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 04.09.13 at 08:14.

World
    Northisle
    Game broke again.
    Fighting for Justice everywhere.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I had this issue, had to switch to firefox yesterday, if u having probs on IE click help/support, it tells u to login first, it works every time from here, annoying, but until theres a fix this is the best way

World
    Sandycove
    When I tried to reproduce this problem this morning it was still looping at least every other try.

After checking again (just now) it seems to be fixed for Internet Explorer 8.
    I don't have Internet Explorer 9, and couldn't reproduce it in Firefox at all (not yesterday and not now).

Cheers,
    Fexno

Reply to Thread