Reply to Thread

Thread: Ability to add description to friends in friends list

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Ability to add description to friends in friends list

Hi,

I would like to be able to add a personal comment, visible only to me, to friends in my friends list.

I have certain friends that are willing to buy certain resources all the time. I will also buy coal all the time @ 5gc, for instance. However, I can't always remember which friend will buy which resource. If I could add a comment I could write "This player buys bread for 30gc per 1000" as a reminder.

Perhaps this could be displayed in a tool-tip when I hover over their friend icon. Or be added to the list of choices when I click them e.g. "View/edit personal comment".

Thanks BB, hopefully someone will read this some day.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    That sounds like a good idea, but isn't it adding even more complexity to the interface and with more new stuff we tend to get more new bugs...

Another solution would be to keep your own list of friends and relevant comments in a spreadsheet or document.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I like this idea. a lot of the contacts I make are from trade chat. Either i swapped buffs with someone or a lootspot etc. If I had a note telling with which players I swapped a certain lootspot in the past, I could contact them rather than wasting time by having a rtf adventure I can't work on whilst looking for a swap on the trade chat.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    A simpler ingame solution would be a notepad of some sort, rather than attaching comments to friends. If you've got notes attached to friends, you will still need to scroll through the friends list to hover over the correct friend and find the comment, and that won't cover people that aren't on your friends list. Not quite sure where it would go on the interface, but I've seen and used notepads in other games and they work because all the comments are in one place and are easy to edit.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 04.09.13 at 09:14.

World
    Sandycove
    It would require the implementation of a friends menu, something very similar to what you describe exists already within the guild menu since a guild member can make there own member note that appears on the guild menu (although its to all guild members rather than personal) and officers/leader can create officer notes that can only be seen by officers and above.

For speed/ease of use though the out of settler solutions would probably work much better.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Reply to Thread