Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time limit for adventures

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    arh thx king-fero. Need some reading leasons i think.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Bad idea.. well for adventures that are 2 or 3 players. I could join your adventure and you may never log back on ever again I am therefore stuck in the adventure for ever. For a single player adventure sure, feel your boots its only you to play with.
    +1 Summed it up perfectly. Bad enough when it's a few hours

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Extend the 2 or 3 day single player adventures to a week by all means, but seriously any more would just clog up the database.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Dear Players,

Thank you for your feed back. Well, i have a few things to explain:
    1st, when i said that when we finish the game slower we get less resources, i didn't mean that a penalty system is needed. What i meant is to answer those who say "if we remove the time limit the materials prices will drop down", and the answer is: if someone finish 30 adventures a month, he will get 30 loots, and the one that makes 10 adventures will get 10 loots and the one that makes 1 adventure will get one loot. And thus it is self balanced.
    Sometimes i log on 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. Surely you can't finish an adventure like this, especially big ones. This is the main problem. And i don't want like to have 10 generals and a lot of troops so i can finish it in 30 minutes! this is a very slow game that gives us resources really slow, then why you wanna press us on the army. I need 15 minutes to read the guide and spread my generals! please check the timing again.
    And last, i say to the one that said that if i am not able then i am playing the wrong game i tell him: This is why i am writing this suggestion, because if it continues, i wanna stop playing, and if the game developers don't care, then i believe many others will leave. This is actually their choice. I am just trying to tell: you made a very slow game, then why rushing us in adventures?
    Can't i finish one adventure a month and play slowly and happily? why does this bother some people if they removed the time limit so others will enjoy? i don't understand this.
    And thanks for the ones who supported my idea. I hope it will be considered.
    Thanks

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    One thing i missed: if someone stopped coming back in a 2 or 3 players, there should be an option to abandon the adventure.

Thanks again

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Listen to what I said, if I join your adventure I am stuck in it, why should I be peanalised because you cant come on and finish? the time limit is a must. If you cant deal with it dont play adventures simple, or stick to 1 player adventures.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Listen to what I said, if I join your adventure I am stuck in it, why should I be peanalised because you cant come on and finish? the time limit is a must. If you cant deal with it dont play adventures simple, or stick to 1 player adventures.
    methinks any player can finish adventure if they are prepared to commit troops

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm wondering if a solution is to choose an adventure and read the guide on one day, spend some time training enough troops once you know what numbers you need, start the adventure once you've made all the preparations and send the generals during one of your login times and then use the next login time to attack camps. If you review your situation at the end of your login time, you can then prepare your generals and troops for your next login time. It won't get the adventure done in one go, but you should be able to complete some of the adventures with some careful planning. Another solution would be to spend a bit more time on the game when you do want to do an adventure.

Having said that, I think it could be interesting to have some 1 player adventures that didn't have a time limit; as it might provide a different sort of challenge. However, unless more people endorse that idea, I'm not sure that it will see the light of day.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottlecap View Post
    methinks any player can finish adventure if they are prepared to commit troops
    So I have to waste my resource to get out of an adventure? how about the time limit just stays and it ends when the person who started it does not finish. With new epic adventures thats not just a few hundred troops we are talking thousands.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Only two 15 minute login periods a day, does not want to commit to having more generals so as to be able to do adventures inside the current time limit. Sorry but thats like saying I want to join the Police but am not prepared to arrest people on the days I decide to turn up for duty.

Reply to Thread