Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chat ignore player option

World
    Newfoundland
    OK... I need to give example:

Before several days I was looking supply partner with my offer (price and proposition in one) over TRADING channel and one person start to demur how this is not right and I should stop. My right is to trade or looking business partner... So other traders who aparentlly know each other start to convincing me how prices and ways are only right if they match according to "Newfoundland goods and adventure price list".

Anyhow more and more people start trowing mud on me although even MOD explain to them that this is free market... so everyone start to ignoring me... Now I just want to know who ignored me how I can compare list with also guild people names...

From experience I know where some BIG BOSS people order their guild members to put somebody on ignore list just to sustain their MONOPOLY over everything in the game... Honestly I don't care if whole game put me on ignore, but this is the principle of not allowing creation of joined cartel by minority players just because they play this game from the beginning!

Tnx for hearing...
    Just be yourself... Your soul is the God... Find the way to your true reality... Help others to help yourself... We all are One!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm not sure that seeing who has you on ignore is really going to solve what seems to be a situation in the trade office. The trade tab is there for everyone to use and it is up to each individual what offers they post. I would very much agree that everyone has a right to post in the trade tab and trade in the way that they see fit. I don't think that you are the only person to have had a bad experience in trade, as there are times that it veers away from 'trade chat' in Sandycove too. I wonder if it is best to try and let the issue lie for a bit and then come back to trade at a later date. If it happens again, ask the Mods for help so that they can review the chat logs and take any action as necessary. If there is a problem with certain players, then it is either an issue that needs to be dealt with by the Mods, or it should be referred to BB support.

World
    Newfoundland
    I am not a snitch! Whole this topic IS because I believe in solving problems between people, rather than go to court... But ok... I see many people like to hidding behind IGNORE option rather than face and solve problem with person who "insulted" their EGO... Now I see real life is much fair, where victims are actually people who likes to hide and never takes real responsibility for anything. :/
    Just be yourself... Your soul is the God... Find the way to your true reality... Help others to help yourself... We all are One!

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Energyman View Post
    I am not a snitch! Whole this topic IS because I believe in solving problems between people, rather than go to court... But ok... I see many people like to hidding behind IGNORE option rather than face and solve problem with person who "insulted" their EGO... Now I see real life is much fair, where victims are actually people who likes to hide and never takes real responsibility for anything. :/
    Solving a problem is usually having an arguement about who is right and who is wrong this is what results in chat bans from the mods hence the reason they tell people just to simply ignore each other. I dont want to solve a problem with you if you have annoyed me I just want you to go a way and that is ignoreadd bye. You are diving in to this problem to deep, this is a game I come on here in my free time to have fun if you are going to spoil that then you are ignored.. simple.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes and with ignore option than you spoil all the fun... Good energy don't come if you ignore troll, but if you learn it something good. If all people start ignore each other chat will become very boring place. Trolls, flamers or not common idea makers makes chat spicy. That's why MODs exist. To end overreacted situations. Everyone has its role. For someone fun is talking about Universe and for some about sandwich we ate today. And both sides can be annoying to each other, but since majority likes talk about things they understand the other kind is suppressed unfairly. So, acceptance is right way not ignoring! That is the main reason I asked to see IGNORING PEOPLE at my list, so they know if they use that option the other side can see that.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    /tolerate username

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Energyman View Post
    Yes and with ignore option than you spoil all the fun... Good energy don't come if you ignore troll, but if you learn it something good. If all people start ignore each other chat will become very boring place. Trolls, flamers or not common idea makers makes chat spicy.
    Actually all that happens with that is the chat becomes nasty and personal, and some people get a chat time out, rather than problems being solved. Sometimes people do need to take five minutes away from chat, and if this is achieved by them using the /ignore option, then that is preferable to continuing a pointless argument that is just going to get more heated. If your intention behind asking for a 'show ignore list' option is to be able to pursue people that may have some reason for using the /ignore option, then it is actually counterproductive and liable to cause more problems.

For instance, if someone has made a few generally rude comments in chat and I've decided to /ignore them for a short while, I usually find that I've had time to recover from my reactions to the comments and by the time I've unignored them I don't remember what the fuss was about and I don't have any hard feelings against the player in question. It is over - in the past. If the ignored person was to see that I've got them on /ignore, take offense at it and then whisper me to ask why, it would actually make me want to /ignore them again as I would have to justify what was probably a relatively short period of annoyance.

Obviously if you can close the chat window, or go afk from the computer for the cool-down period, instead of using /ignore, that's often more useful to do, but /ignore is a better option than continuing to argue and for the Mods to have to step in to cool it all down.

So could you please let bygones be bygones and leave the past in the past. Part of moving on is to forgive and forget, not to keep a list of past insults.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I honestly cannot see how knowing who has you on ignore would solve anything. It is every players right to ignore whomever they wish (chat moderators and BB's aside).

I certainly wouldn't want players to know I have them on my ignore list, they are there for a reason and if I wanted to see more tools I would buff my tool makers.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Energyman you are annoying me on here now so am using the forum ignore function to ignore you. Bye

World
    Newfoundland
    Than maybe TOP list with nick names should be a solution for those who ignored others and those who are ignored (both sides are ZOMBIES). Also put number of used letters in chat to measure real participation, so maybe BB can on weekly basis can give a gift to those who have less score in ignoring and the most in chat participation (the best behavior)... Like that everyone can see him/her self in the mirror... :lol

Reply to Thread