Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chat ignore player option

World
    Newfoundland

Chat ignore player option

Hi,

could you please implement option to see all players who ignores you...

Tnx
    Just be yourself... Your soul is the God... Find the way to your true reality... Help others to help yourself... We all are One!

World
    Sandycove
    is it really that important to know who would rather ignore you?

World
    Newfoundland
    yes because of statistic and sometimes people overreact, so there is always possibility to repair relationship.
    Just be yourself... Your soul is the God... Find the way to your true reality... Help others to help yourself... We all are One!

World
    Sandycove
    ok fair point

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm just wondering if it's actually any of your business who has you on ignore? What are you going to do about it if they are ignoring you - they might not want to hear from you by mail either.... Personally, if I put someone on ignore, it's usually when I've got a bit fed up of them in chat, and have decided that I don't really want to see their comments for a while. In this case, I unignore the player when I can't remember why I was annoyed with them in the first place. If I'm ignoring someone who is starting unwanted whispers to me, which sometimes happens with people who spam, I'm hardly likely to want them to contact me by mail instead. I think ignore lists should be private and I'm not really sure whether I'd want to know who's got me on their list.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 09.09.13 at 17:06.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If I ignore someone I think it is common decency to tell them first usually with a quick "ignoreadd bye" you have been ignored live with it.

World
    Newfoundland
    I just want make balance in people's relationship too... People who all the time use ignore list are also as bad as those who troll... They makes judgment about others all the time... Holocaust of such behavior goes even to influence to other players who just join inquisition, because they do not have opinion and it is cool to throw mud on somebody...

So, if you are eager to ignore people around, then you should know feeling of burden when many people see you as "IGNORE PERSON"... Have a nice day.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Energyman View Post
    I just want make balance in people's relationship too...
    I'm not entirely convinced that allowing people to see who is ignoring them will help to balance people's relationships in an online game. If someone has been rude to another player, then I think that player should be able to quietly ignore the rude player without feeling worried that their name will appear on a list.

People who all the time use ignore list are also as bad as those who troll... They makes judgment about others all the time...
    Aren't you making a judgement on why people use the ignore option by saying this?

Holocaust of such behavior goes even to influence to other players who just join inquisition, because they do not have opinion and it is cool to throw mud on somebody...
    How can one person quietly ignoring another player affect other players? If someone is encouraging lots of people to ignore a player, that's a different matter and is not much different to people encouraging others to fling comments at another player. However, I'm not sure that the solution is to allow people to see ignore lists.

So, if you are eager to ignore people around, then you should know feeling of burden when many people see you as "IGNORE PERSON"... Have a nice day.
    This is actually quite a judgemental comment, and assumes that people are 'wrong' to use ignore. I think it can be useful as a temporary measure to hide the comments of a player that you find annoying for whatever reason. There is also a very useful /ignoreshow feature which displays your ignore list and can be followed up with some unignoring of people who no longer need to be on the list.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    How can one person quietly ignoring another player affect other players?
    It can certainly make a complete hash of Help.

While I understand it really does have its uses I've never been a huge fan of /ignore, it can do very strange things to chat and lead to painfully confused conversations. It's also been known to leave players asking a question repeatedly, even when it's been answered several times and for those reasons alone I've never used it.

That said, if chat or a player is being spammed by vulgar comments or repeated requests for resources or just general trolling it makes complete sense to me to /reportusername and/or /ignore the offender though in certain circumstances and if the comments are rude enough and/or frequent enough it is perhaps wiser to document them and report them to Support for harassment. That all this can be done without fear of any fallout that might come from being on a visible list, is, I think, both good and helpful. Of course most players who fill chat with requests or demands for things or with non-PEGI approved chatter don't generally last long and I can't help wondering how many /ignore lists still include players long since gone from the game.

I suspect though that /ignore is used most often when a player is simply getting more riled than they would like and then it also makes sense either to step away for a few minutes or /ignore the offending comments. Reviewing ones /ignore list later, when things have cooled down, can help avoid the awkward chat situations mentioned above and open the door to renewing and repairing any relationships that merit it.

When /ignoreadd is used responsibly it's a quick and useful cure for many an uncomfortable situation, it's only when it's used irresponsibly that it really seems to become an issue and when that's the case I'm not sure being able to see who has used it will make much difference.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I only ignore for a good reason, that reason may not seem good to others but it comes from the advice of the in game mods "use /ignoreadd" they go. So by saying ignoring is not good you are directly going against how mods moderate as they tell people on many occasions to ignore each other to resolve arguements.

Reply to Thread