Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween is coming!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Just to clarify, I've not seen anything that says there are 10 Golems exactly. I may well be mistaken but I rather suspect 10 is just a tidy made-up number based on our tendency as humans to count fingers.

While the res needed for Elder Golems is certainly high it would be very nice to know for certain if Golems beyond #1 are 'just for fun if one wishes' or if they do in fact count toward the server goal. Seems like that will make a huge difference in how the event is played and very likely in how players deal with other over the course of it.

If all Golems do count (and Golem level makes no difference) perhaps it would be wisest if we all focused on clearing as many lower level Golems as possible before worrying too awfully much about the Elder sort. No doubt there will be plenty of time to face their challenge as well.

Just for general info "for now" on the Test if a Golem is defeated before the specific quests to attack and destroy him are active he will not come back. It doesn't matter if the Island's owner bashes too quickly or if a well-meaning friend clears him away, without the right quest running there comes no second Golem. Here's hoping this is sorted speedily.

The Golem quest chain can break
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 14.09.13 at 16:08. Reason: to/too 'o's be sneaky like that. o.o

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Just to clarify, I've not seen anything that says there are 10 Golems exactly. I may well be mistaken but I rather suspect 10 is just a tidy made-up number based on our tendency as humans to count fingers.
    Possibly we all just extrapolated up to 10 as it's a nice round number and the estimated figures for resource costs were alarming enough not to go any further. Since there does seem to be a cap on the strength of the golem, then the next question is 'How many golems will arrive?'

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Just for general info "for now" on the Test if a Golem is defeated before the specific quests to attack and destroy him are active he will not come back. It doesn't matter if the Island's owner bashes to quickly or if a well-meaning friend clears him away, without the right quest running there comes no second Golem. Here's hoping this is sorted speedily.

The Golem quest chain can break
    It might be an idea to leave other people's golems on live servers unless they ask for help. I'd certainly want to kill the first golem by myself and wouldn't be happy to find that either the quest broke and no more golems arrived, or that I had to start off with finding the resources to kill golem 2. Helping a friend is one thing; doing the easier bits for them is possibly another matter entirely.

It doesn't really help that the number on the golem doesn't change to indicate which number golem is on the island - I thought that the 1 would turn into 2 when golem 2 arrived. It might be nice to have this information for the event itself.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 14.09.13 at 16:19.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    General Log for us.

The problem would be that we get the exact same code as .de get. We just fail to have a way to "redeem" General Log.

Grim certainly fits into Halloween better than Log does
    Sorry, I don't see your point here.
    If we have the same code, then we can get the same General. The only obstacle I can see is a lack of will to make him available.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad2 View Post
    Sorry, I don't see your point here.
    If we have the same code, then we can get the same General. The only obstacle I can see is a lack of will to make him available.
    I think it's more to do with finding a way too make him available. We got Nords 2 in due to players demand in the forum, maybe the same could be done for General Log, but when there is the Veteran General available with a 250 troop limit, might seem silly to part with Gems for a 220 General. (As German's parted with cash for theirs).

Maybe it might pop up in the next retail pack, but they'd need to work that out with current stocks/supplies on current units out on the market.

Better not derail this thread though...

Grim for me!
    Last edited by peck_ed; 15.09.13 at 11:59.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Are we going to get an Event Chat Channel as we did with the 20th Anniversary Event? It did help to mitigate the tension between people who didn't want to participate and those that did, because there was somewhere separate for Event chat.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The amount of resources required to kill Golem for 4th time and onwards are insanely high

World
    Newfoundland
    can you find pumpkins with explorers?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    First time I read the description is described the Reaper General as a Major General, now it is saying it is the same as a BHG. Was it only a BHG last year or a Veteran? If its only a BHG then I'm suddenly a lot less excited about this event

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    He was equivalent to a BHG last year as well. No change there.
    Vet's come from Easter events.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It would be lovely if Worldwide Press Releases could be proofread before going live, then things like "Warehouses", "Corn Fields" and "Major Generals" could be changed to the current names of items that actually exist in that language version. The info text doesn't always come through translation unscarred either and has puzzled people many a time, sorting that before anyone has to ask or draws reasonable but incorrect conclusions would be a great help.

Reply to Thread