Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamescom code

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    .de had extended Maint on all worlds that ran over even the *extended*, http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...n-Sonderzeiten the forum kinda exploded with it all. Seems Wilhelmina was dispatched with gifts to make it up.
    Those were all advertised well in advance, complete with warning that they may overrun, as each server got a database maintenance.
    They even staggered them, over 3 days, so there were always servers up.
    The news article announcing these is still on the homepage, just click the plus sign a few entries down.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    And another.
    Apparently, this time it might be a holiday somewhere, but it will be the weekend for everyone so have some more freebies.

We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad2 View Post
    .de had extended Maint on all worlds that ran over even the *extended*, http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...n-Sonderzeiten the forum kinda exploded with it all. Seems Wilhelmina was dispatched with gifts to make it up.
    Those were all advertised well in advance, complete with warning that they may overrun, as each server got a database maintenance.
    They even staggered them, over 3 days, so there were always servers up.
    The news article announcing these is still on the homepage, just click the plus sign a few entries down.
    They were, aye. But I'm having trouble seeing a problem with sending gifts based on how long the game was down (different worlds had different gifts) to players whose games were, in many cases, down for a very long time (in game-life.)

World 4-7 - Tuesday - 01:00 - 20:30 clock clock
    Start: Tuesday night at about 01:00 clock
    End Date: Tuesday, about 15:00 clock 20:30
    Adventure & Premium: maturities be extended

World 9, 1 to 3 - Wednesday - 01:00 - 21:00 clock
    Start: Wednesday, at about 01:00 clock at night
    End: Wednesday, at about 21:00 clock

World 8, 10 to 14 - Completed
    Start: Tuesday night at about 01:00 clock
    End Date: Tuesday, about 07:00 clock early

On all worlds - except 8 and 10-14 - there will be a database optimization.
    Experience has shown that this can take a long time to complete.
    Please direct your islands before servicing a correspondingly .

Original, as above
    .de do often appear to be ahead of the game in a number of things, but I'm not at all sure this was one of those times. Just seems wise to keep the focus focused. So to speak.

Edit: My original "all" should have read "many".
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 04.10.13 at 15:32.

World
    Newfoundland
    Iolanthe, by that reckoning, we should have had a very generous visit from "Aunt Wilhelmina" last week, as nobody was able to log in for a very long time.
    There is no mention that these rewards were 'compensation' for anything, just the latest in a very long line of unexpected gifts that only seem to apply to a single language version.
    Meanwhile, others seem to have been cut back, the French used to get the occasional largesse bestowed upon them, usually tied to certain holiday dates, or anniversaries of Settlers' milestones. They have now dried up, if you want to get ahead, the DSO version now seems to be the only way to go.
    We love our new CM.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Interesting to see the lack of response from anyone at all from BB. Really says it all. Once my current supply of gems ends they will get no more money from me and lose another player unless we see parity with the German servers. Yes, designed etc in Germany but money spent on it worldwide. Be like Morrisons supermarket ony doing special offers in Bradford as that is where they have their HQ.

Come on BB reply and explain yourself.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey Nogbad, some players on .de were puzzled by Aunt Wilhelmina so she was explained:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Pandur

Quote Originally Posted by fabian30000
    Questions:
    (What do you get level 01-10?)
    (What do you get level 10 - 20?)
    (What do you get level 20 - 30?)
    (What do you get level 30 - 40?)
    (What do you get level 40 - 50?)
    The aunt has left every player the same gift basket. The content only differ from world to world, depending on length of service. 7 world has yet to get a bigger gift aunt. As well Uncle Rüdiger Ollback had a hand in the game.

Original

On the mysterious humour of Uncles:
    Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Watch-U
    is this uncle R. Ollback English ancestry?
    More Norwegian. Speech: "Ohllbakk". Of course. What else?

greeting Pandur

Original

Please note: All quotes by BB_Pandur and players on the German servers have been dragged through Google Trans, my apologies to those who wrote perfectly reasonable sentences originally.

The following gift here (sent the 3rd of October) looks like it was for Unity Day, marking the reunification of Germany East and West. It's a fairly big deal and rightly so.

While it's clear .de have advantages other language versions don't I reckon we can better make that point by comparing major downtime with major downtime and National Holiday with National Holiday rather than just posting what one world received that another did not.

Regarding the mass crash of much of the EU, the Test server, and other games entirely last week, as far as I've seen no-one in Settlers has had any gifts relating to that. Nothing much has been said after:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post
    Hello, everyone!

We have had two outages of service today, and for that we want to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused all of you. We are currently looking into these outages and as soon as I have more information from the investigation, I will relay it here as soon as possible.

Of course, if you need help or have account questions, please contact our Support and they will assist you.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

[27.09.13]
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    Thank you Alpaca
    Just sometimes it feels like trying to "get blood out a stone" if that's the phrase i'm thinking of regarding getting information about whats going on in BB HQ
    I understand! I wish I had more information to give, but that will likely follow on Monday next week (30.9.2013). Please keep an eye on this thread.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

[27.09.13]
    Nor have .de fared much better from what I've found:

Quote Originally Posted by HG_Rudi
    where is the explanation why is not came in this morning, advertising is important reinzustellen to learn what it is situated as all players.
    Great information policy!!
    Hello,

there was pan-European technical problems. More we can not say at the moment unfortunately.
    We are planning for next week to make an info posting them.
    For tarnished adventures, etc. must be addressed to the support.

greet
    BB_Pandur

Original 27.09.13
    Again, I'm not saying it's an even playing field all round, just that it makes sense to be sure examples of the disparity are sound, these above just really don't seem to be.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 05.10.13 at 16:12.

World
    Newfoundland
    Iolanthe, read your earlier post, where you said Aunt Wilhemina was probably compensation for the announced outages.
    No evidence at all that was the case, and certainly not the done thing elsewhere.
    Just look at these freebies clocking up, pretty obvious only 1 language server is benefitting from this.
    Those last Pandur quotes don't even seem related to this. Nothing about compensation at all.

As for national days, last year France got a very tasty package on 14/7, this year nothing. Same for their 1st anniversary of TSO, this year, nothing.
    And as I asked Dante last year, if this is indeed the case, then lets pick a significant day, and 'honour' it.
    That's why I pushed so hard over our 1st anniversary, and our 2nd is only 5-6 weeks away.

The fact remains there is NOT a level playing field, 1 set of servers are getting gifts and features that are not available to the rest of us, unless you can find a Pandur quote somewhere telling you where to buy the English version of the Premium packs?
    We love our new CM.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry Nogbad, you've lost me completely.

Hey Nogbad, some players on .de were puzzled by Aunt Wilhelmina so she was explained:

Quote Originally Posted by fabian30000
    Questions:
    (What do you get level 01-10?)
    (What do you get level 10 - 20?)
    (What do you get level 20 - 30?)
    (What do you get level 30 - 40?)
    (What do you get level 40 - 50?)
    The aunt has left every player the same gift basket. The content only differ from world to world, depending on length of service. 7 world has yet to get a bigger gift aunt. As well Uncle Rüdiger Ollback had a hand in the game.

Original
    ^^This is about the announced outages. "The content [of the gifts packages] only differ from world to world, depending on length of service."

The last Pandur quote is about the crash many worlds suffered last week, as are the two quotes from Alpaca directly above. You mentioned it here:

Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Iolanthe, by that reckoning, we should have had a very generous visit from "Aunt Wilhelmina" last week, as nobody was able to log in for a very long time.
    Let me say again:
    While it's clear .de have advantages other language versions don't I reckon we can better make that point by comparing major downtime with major downtime and National Holiday with National Holiday rather than just posting what one world received that another did not.

Again, I'm not saying it's an even playing field all round, just that it makes sense to be sure examples of the disparity are sound, these above just really don't seem to be.
    Things like the Retail Packs are an excellent example of an actual difference, so is something like "On National Holiday X .de received a, b, c, d." "On comparable National Holiday Y .com received only one of those four things."

So you see, I'm perplexed by being told to reread my own post and utterly unclear on why anyone should attempt to find quotes that don't exist.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 05.10.13 at 17:22.

World
    Newfoundland
    You are missing the point.
    These pictures are just the mere 'tip of the iceberg'. I have many, many more, this is just representative of the last few weeks.
    The point is, there is clearly a 2 tier system being run in this game. All I want is to play the same game, whichever language I choose to play in, and receive equitable treatment in each.
    Your last quote is just mixing up several examples, and obscuring things.
    We get nothing here for 'National Holidays" (as far as I know, reunification isn't one anyway).
    We get nothing for major downtime, and from what I can gather from your rather out of context partial translations from Pandur, it even raises another issue. If they can be bothered to warn 1 language version in advance, and yet still provide 'compensation' for this, surely it's common courtesy to do the same for all.
    I was not surprised by last week's 'difficulties' in logging in, my spidey sense was already tingling that we were probably going to be hit with similar after the German announcement. Trouble is, we never knew when.
    There is clear evidence that we are right at the end of the line when it comes to announcements, if such even get fed down at all, and quite often they aren't.

As for "Aunt Wilhemina", the text stated very clearly it was for "holidays", in some areas not universal to the german language area. Now we have forum entries claiming it to be compensation. Either way, it didn't happen here.
    There have been many of these gifts with similar text, particularly common are "the beginning of summer", and "the end of summer".
    These aren't "national holidays", and last time I checked, pretty much the entire planet could qualify for these. Germany does not have a monopoly on the seasons.

I'm not asking for continual 'freebies', all I'm asking is that if BB seem to feel it's necessary to bestow gifts to their players, then they should do so for ALL of them, not just the ones who live nearby.
    The same goes for codes, you've probably seen the site where people have recorded every single code given, and it makes even more interesting reading. Take Gamescom for an example, after being told it was an "International Event" that happened to be held in Germany, when news broke of this extra code not available outside of DSO, the story got changed to it being an uniquely German event. Wonder why so many of our own people bothered attending then?

We are now almost at our 2nd anniversary here, yet it still seems that we are some inferior 2nd-class version, where problems that would not be welcomed elsewhere can be dumped. Last year quite a big thing was made of the 1st anniversaries, certainly in Germany and France, yet it took some considerable 'nudging' to get ours acknowledged, and even then it paled in comparison.

We still have no access to the Premium Packs, which is a crying shame and counter productive. The poor value replacement for the "Starter pack" ended up in Amazon's bargain bins to get rid of stocks, whereas people are still trying to find the original version, the premium Pack made much more sense, and could have provided a nice little income.

if you want proof on how much of a difference these things make, of the 5 servers I play, I have to make little effort to progress on one in comparison to the others. It has even caught up this one, which I have played for much longer, and invested in much more. With all the free high value buffs, and refills and resources that have just been given away, instead of working hard to make a balanced, productive economy, I literally only have to have 1 high level version of each building, and just drop the mega buffs upon it. i also have 5 extra premium days, again just given away in a mail, the moment I can find time to line up a few decent advs to utilise them, even this server will be left far behind.

Once more, the request is simple.
    1 game, wherever you live and whatever language you speak.
    The same benefits, the same availability of features and content, and the same information provided to all.
    Our money is as good as anyone elses (better in fact, considering the gem pricing), please let us enjoy the same game and features.
    We love our new CM.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Couldn't agree more.
    I would love to see some official response to this post above mine from BB_Alpaca.

Reply to Thread