Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamescom code

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle

Gamescom code

EF7-44D3-BDB4 which gives 202 gems.

Only works on German language servers, why again are we 2nd class citizens?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    Seems German language servers are again being shown to have a special place.
    When was it made available Nogbad2?

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi guys,

We had three types of codes from Gamescom, which I will remind you is a primarily German event as it is held in Cologne. One code was redeemable on German servers and two codes were universally redeemable. There was something at Gamescom for all players rather than what is being suggested here.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Alpaca, I'm sorry, that's not what you told us here http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...SO-at-Gamescom! on 16th August.

Yet again, we are clearly at the bottom of the heap, the German servers get codes like this, they get far more 'gift drops' for the most spurious of reasons "beginning of summer, end of summer, Angela merkel's birthday" etc... , yet we had to beg just for something to mark the 1st Anniversary here. Even the French servers have fared better in the past (like the fabulous 1000 gc plus buffs in April 2012), although these seem to have dried up of late as BB retreat further and further to the Vaterland.
    We rarely get important news announcements passed down directly, instead having to relay on word of mouth and dodgy Google translations. Last week's maintenance fouling up the timers for the extra build slot on premium accounts being a classic case in point.
    Surely our money is as good as anybody elses, especially considering the fact that we are expected to carry the 'problems' no other language server is expected to tolerate, you really should have a try playing a server which doesn't have 32 different chat channels, the difference in lag is remarkable.
    We're not "suggesting" this at all, it's a fact. The German servers have a marked advantage over all others, up to date news, more gifts, Premium packs, and a helping hand every time there's an international competition.
    So blatant, it's almost laughable.
    I look forward to them showing similar largesse when our 2nd Anniversary approaches shortly.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post
    Hi guys,

We had three types of codes from Gamescom, which I will remind you is a primarily German event as it is held in Cologne. One code was redeemable on German servers and two codes were universally redeemable. There was something at Gamescom for all players rather than what is being suggested here.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca
    That sort of contradicts itself, if there was something for everyone then the 220 gem code would work on all servers.

You also said in the post quoted by Nogbad something along the lines of "I can assure you it isn't favouritism." well yes it is again as the German servers were the only servers to get this code, which in my book is favouritism.

AS per something else you said "as I always pass on the feedback from these forums" Please pass on how angry we are that again the German servers have been favoured again.
    Last edited by PChamps; 14.09.13 at 20:03.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    All we are asking is to be treated equally.

And as for passing on feedback, did anybody bring up the continual ignoring of bugs on the test server, allowing them to go 'Live', as requested. Golden opportunity as SlasH was lurking around gamescom.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry but we was told very firmly that information from gamescom obtained by other players was not to be talked about in these forums.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Sorry but we was told very firmly that information from gamescom obtained by other players was not to be talked about in these forums.
    Who said this?

Also, the codes that were given out (by me at times) were scratched off the back of a card, I believe they were unique, could be wrong, never scratched one off myself, but were certainly intended for people who were there and made the trip to meet the BB_Team as a way to say "thanks" from what I understood.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Visit us in one of the time spans mentioned above and get some gifts.
    Amongst other things, you can win free stuff for your game account. Check it out...
    That's from the Gamescom thread, and would seem to suggest that you had to attend to win free stuff.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    So I could have found myself there, picked up a scratchcard to win free stuff for my game account and then found it didn't work as I am a German speaking person with an account on the German servers...... nice.

Would be nice to get an update on activities coming out of Gamescom. Especially regards to bugs, game improvements, future direction etc.

Reply to Thread