Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Gamescom code

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Ah yes - I see.

Well we had St Patricks Day - so by rights we should get St George's, St Andrews and St Davids at the very least

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Only reason St Paddy's Day gets included is the American obsession with it, despite the fact only 1 city actually has it as a Public Holiday.

Wait 'til I post up what the Germans got today, allegedly as compensation for a weekend suffering what we have to endure daily, but so wonderfully timed to coincide with the start of their Halloween event.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    As promised, here is yesterday's wonderful surprise, The Autumn Storm, the slightly dodgy Google translation but you will get the gist of it.

Now, this claims to be compensation for the lag and login issues over the weekend. I was playing there during this time, and the experience was just the same as what we are expected to endure here every single day. Yes, things were laggy, just read our forum BB, they're laggy here too. Yes, there were some login issues, again read our forum, we have them too. I didn't notice Devs being got out of bed on a Friday night when we suffer the same.
    Any non-german player would have seen nothing unusual at all with these issues, sadly this would just appear to be 'standard' for our Settlers experience. Why is it unacceptable there, but largely ignored here?

Now, a cynical view would also wonder about the timing of this latest gift, Halloween just started there today, and these items will come in very, very useful to progress through that.

We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    In regards of national holidays:
    Since us Swedes don't have a server of our own (Please don't get us one), it's most natural to play on English UK as most Swedes (90%+) speak fluent English very early in age and UK is fairly close to us. So, how about including some Swedish holidays eh?

Here's a few:
    • The day before lent, Fettisdagen (Fat Tuesday)
    • 25th March, Våffeldagen (Waffle Day)
    • 30th April, Valborgsmässoafton (Walpurgis Night)
    • 6th June, National Day of Sweden
    • The Friday on 19th to 25th June, Midsommarafton (Midsummer Eve, the largest holiday in Sweden)
    • 4th October, Kanelbullens Dag (Cinnamon roll's Day)
    • 13th December, Lucia (Saint Lucy's Day)

Looking forward to ridiculous amount of free gifts on those days henceforth.
    Check out my collection of suggestions to ease up the game. Please do provide me with your feedback in regards of it.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I have read the whole thread and I must say that this comes to NO surprise whatsoever. Day in and day out it has been plain and simple favoritism for the .de servers. The little respect I had for BlueByte, if any, is gone and I chose to vote with my wallet.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    I have read the whole thread and I must say that this comes to NO surprise whatsoever. Day in and day out it has been plain and simple favoritism for the .de servers. The little respect I had for BlueByte, if any, is gone and I chose to vote with my wallet.
    No wonder they win every event. I heard from guildies they had losses because of lags too. Give everyone this compensation, lags were all over the place, every server.

World
    Newfoundland
    i dont really know how to react to reading this thread..

weirdest thing is that iam actually not even that suprised :S
    Beer and Glory some of the basics of Life
    Once i had a life, Now i got a Computer and Modem

World
    Newfoundland
    holy wow.
    2 tier system works, if the bottom tiers don't find out they are at the bottom.
    rich get richer, poor stay poor.
    thanks BB for letting us all know how we rate in your game. even though we play and pay just the same as your favourite servers.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    :O There was lag this weekend??? You mean like having to recall wave after wave of attacks because one or more generals decided to walk in place for a few seconds rather than moving forward with the rest? Or when after the music plays for them, one or more generals don't bother marching out (and therefore cant be recalled) until after a refresh...at which point you hold your breath and hope you can get reloaded into the game and into your adventure in time to recall them before they get intercepted for disasterous results?
    Ah well, at least we know how the proceeds of the last gem sale were spent... giving the german players hundreds of gems' worth of free prizes. And like dunthon, I find myself not even a little surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Been there. The walking-in-place general is getting more common.

But nothing like how long a refresh takes. The period spent watching the blue background whilst waiting for the terrain to come online is nothing more than epic. And getting worse by the week.

Reply to Thread