Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halloween Storehouse

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Do you play this game? the fish are on the edge of the land while the fishman huts are on the LAND
    The fish are on the edge of water. My fisherman huts are on the edge of the land. It would be a short walk from hut to a floating storehouse.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottlecap View Post
    The fish are on the edge of water. My fisherman huts are on the edge of the land. It would be a short walk from hut to a floating storehouse.

Jesus was described as a fisher of men, somehow I doubt your fishermen have the same ability to walk on water

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Jesus was described as a fisher of men, somehow I doubt your fishermen have the same ability to walk on water

What are jettys for ?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I just noticed the settlers enter the SH half way up rather than the bottom, thats not good, cant we just make them smaller? I cant see me getting anything from Halloween at this rate, these were the only things I wanted but I wont use them if they enter half way up

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Erm I'm failing to understand how where they enter the building presents a problem ?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I noticed that front door in the middle business too. I had hoped the superstores would just extend backwards compared to normal stores, but instead they extend forwards.

For me, that means try to find other places for them or mess up some finely tuned walk times.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Erm I'm failing to understand how where they enter the building presents a problem ?
    Because the walk will be longer so it will slow things down, not important on some buildings but could mess some chains up, it may not be so bad as we are getting more space, but it still makes no sense the entrance not being at the bottom as they are on the normal SH

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    Because the walk will be longer so it will slow things down, ...
    If there were not walking time (just for calculation only), a gold mine (prod.time 12m) would take 120 turn a day (24h). Assume that it is a level 5 building, so takes 600 unit per day. One step means 4 sec, in the above case it results 119.337 turns per day, what on lvl5 takes 596.685 units (3.315 less than theoretically max., ~0.5%), one more step will trunkate 3.278, a new step takes away additional 3.243 and so on. So bigger the distance and/or production time, cost less the more distance. The min. of high valued buildings prod. time is 12m, usually multiple; the min. distance actually 3 steps. So 3-10 units per day, imho, nothing. Ok, this is a mine, a step means 8 sec for a "factory", the min. distance actually is 3 steps. The others you can calculate too.
    (If a SH has "backdoor", it could truncate the distance to one step, but only for one buildings -- what is progress mostly for a pinewood cutter or coal mine (t: 1:30), even is good for 3min buildings such copper mine or bakery, but not above.)

Reply to Thread