Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stuck at level 4

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I recall having this problem way back when. I had done the preceding quests then logged out as it was getting late for the night. Next day got up had breakfast went to work etc. That evening logged in saw the new quest, Bingo storehouse was full. The problem with the quest is the false assumption that you will be doing it as soon as possible. Any quests at the low levels which do not factor in REAL LIFE can and will fail. Once you have the ability to Trade the problem goes away.

With all the new stuff they have implemented this year the entire chain of quests below level 32 needs to be overhauled. As it is we have got the new stuff badly bolted on without any thought given on how the new stuff impacts players abilities to complete quests before they have cleared their island.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Usually the tavern fix works (i.e. demolish the tavern).

ETA: There was a player in help chat today who had already used up all his stone. This was very unfortunate. Stonemasons at level 5.
    Last edited by SwampHen; 18.09.13 at 10:24.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I recall having this problem way back when. I had done the preceding quests then logged out as it was getting late for the night. Next day got up had breakfast went to work etc. That evening logged in saw the new quest, Bingo storehouse was full. The problem with the quest is the false assumption that you will be doing it as soon as possible. Any quests at the low levels which do not factor in REAL LIFE can and will fail. Once you have the ability to Trade the problem goes away.
    That seems to be one of the reasons why people are getting stuck: they've left the game for a while and storage is full. It's okay if you get to level 5 in one go, but if you do happen to take a break it causes problems. It could do with being changed, since the 'demolish and rebuild the tavern' option is not ideal and will only work if the player has not run out of stone.

Spikkel
    i am stuck also.
    i have one quest to go before i get to level 5.
    3 days later still in level 4.
    i have to complete the "making production chains perfect"quest.
    how do i do that ???????

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You need to get your building ratio's right. 3 pinewood planters, 2 pinewood forresters, 2 pinewood sawmills is the right ratio. Have your sawmills right next to your mayors house, and the planters and forresters between mayors house and deposits.

Forresters can and do wander all over your island in search of deposits to refill so their production will vary over time. Give it 15-30 mins for them to find a nearby deposit to refill so that their production is in the green.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Spikkel
    what/where are my deposits.
    Sorry for mine englisch

World
    Sandycove
    deposits are the spots on the map where certain buildings will get there stuff from. In this case Dorotheus means the tree deposits. On standard zoom you should see round icons appear on and around the trees, when you click an pinewood cutter or a pinewood forester.

I marked the tree deposits with red arrows.

Note that your building will probably look a little bit different because my building is lvl 3 and yours is probably lvl 1

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Early economic quests are forcing thousands of players to discontinue the game. The same cry for help is heard across international forums. A tiny percentage venture into the forum asking for assistance, whereas the vast majority, frustrated at their inability to make progress, simply close the screen and never return.

Are BB aware of this problem?

Economic quests are a hurdle that thousands of players never overcome. Let them construct as many wood cutters and foresters as they please; they can learn to optimise their production chain at a later point in time, after they become addicted to playing. Alternatively, place silly obstructions in their way so they quit. Your choice.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm stuck at level four too I finished all my production chains. The quest list shows "Build a Tavern" and "Stone Production" both of which I can only do at level five. No other quests visible either. How do I level upto level five to be able to build a tavern? Did anyone else face this problem, ie NOT having any production overload or level four quest pending and yet not levelling up? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey Srividya, the Tavern should be a level 4 building. If it's blocked in the menu try refreshing, things sometimes stick and refreshing often unsticks them.

Reply to Thread