Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stuck at level 4

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Stuck at level 4

Hi guys,
    My friend is stuck at level 4. To be honest I know its pretty easy to restart and get back in about 5 minutes but I think this is a bug that can cause problems.

The deal is he is on the quest to produce a positive value for planks, wood and deposits. The problem is he went away for a day and when he has come back the situation is as follows:

Storage is full at 500 planks and 500 wood. All tree in zone are "full". As such foresters will not deposit anything (always comes up with no deposits found). So therefore he cannot get a positive value for this part. Now normally you would say wait for the cutters to cut down.. but they wont as storage is full.

Anything he can build only takes tools, so no way to relieve storage there. He has no trade building so cannot trade it away. He basically cannot get rid of the stock of planks to allow the whole chain to start moving again. He cannot yet build another storage house.

So I think he is pretty much stuck!

World
    Sandycove
    Well he can free up some storage by demolishing the Tavern and build it again.

That should be enough to get the production going again.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    ah yes the one thing I didn't think of thanks Fexno. I will tell him, but im not sure if this happens to other new players they will persist (or have someone to persist for the), might be worth looking at.

Thanks

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmonic View Post
    might be worth looking at.
    I agree that this could be tweaked a little bit.

Balancing you economy is important, so it has to be somewhere in the tutorial.
    Having more different buildings to your disposal so you can free the needed storage space would be handy.
    (or being able to build an additional storehouse)

[ Thread moved from "Bugs & Technical Issues" to "Game Suggestions" ]

Cheers,
    Fexno

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Last night in Help a player said "I'm stuck at level 4". I first saw this problem in help a few days ago and it took a few of us to figure it out. Now that I know how players get stuck and how to get them unstuck, I was able to help her in a couple of minutes. It's great there's a thread with the solution and a bunch of us regular helpers now know the fix, but I worry for any stuck player that doesn't know how to get help.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    Last night in Help a player said "I'm stuck at level 4". I first saw this problem in help a few days ago and it took a few of us to figure it out. Now that I know how players get stuck and how to get them unstuck, I was able to help her in a couple of minutes. It's great there's a thread with the solution and a bunch of us regular helpers now know the fix, but I worry for any stuck player that doesn't know how to get help.
    It doesn't seem to be a commonly known fix yet, possibly because it doesn't come up that often. It came up in Global-1 a few weeks ago and several of us were going round in circles before I eventually thought of the tavern; more by luck than anything else. Level 4 is not the place to take a break from the game, because you can come back to full storage.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    The tavern fix doesn't always work since players might run out of stone!

The problem appears to have arisen due to a change in the way the economy overview calculates production when the storehouse is full. I'm not sure exactly when this change came in, though... or maybe it's just the way the quest calculates production when the storehouse is full. Don't know. But I'm pretty sure this is a new problem.

I'd be interested if anyone can fill in the gaps in this conundrum. What has changed in the quest/economy overview which is now making level 4 a sticking point for people?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It goes back a ways, when the Test server reset people to level one to test the then new quest chains (no pre-built Island and insta-leveling that time) it came up a lot:

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...help-me-please

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...t-Badly-Flawed

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ect-quot-quest

I suspect it falls in the "Won't happen in the live game" category, though of course it does, if much less often.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm, then something else must have changed recently as I've never seen anyone complaining about this before, but now see one a week or so

Are people getting too many rewards from the tutorial or other sources so they fill up their storage too quickly?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Random thought: There did seem to be a drop-off in people asking for a good while, could it be that the school year's started for many people and interruptions are more frequent?

Course it is totally possible that something in-game has changed, I'd be a bit surprised if it was the rewards but stranger things have certainly happened.

Just as an aside there is also a very low level quest, "The Letter", that asks you to add Pinewood Planks, Stone, and Pinewood (gifts from Theodor) to your stock. The reward is 10 Coins so people like to finish it quickly but if Storage is full this also sticks. This isn't a new addition though, it came in with the chains.

Whatever the cause for the recent rise in occurrences (and it would be interesting to know it) it would be nice if it wasn't quite so easy to get stuck at level 4 with no obvious way to move on.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 17.09.13 at 02:28.

Reply to Thread