Closed Thread

Thread: Halloween event: Inferno Golem

World
    Sandycove

Halloween event: Inferno Golem

Inferno Golem

"During the Halloween event this year, players of each game world will try to defeat a common boss together in order to receive rewards. The boss will appear at the lake at the center of each player's home island. Game worlds will not compete with each other and each game world has its own goal to achieve" From BB

Golem 1: reward 10 pumpkin
    Golem 2: reward 20 pumpkin
    Golem 3: reward 30 pumpkin
    Golem 4: reward 40 pumpkin
    I did not get to Golem 5 but logically
    Golem 5: reward 50 pumpkin (estimate)
    Golem 6: reward 60 pumpkin (estimate)
    Golem 7: reward 70 pumpkin (estimate)

Kill all 3 heart of the golem then the next one is born
    The reward can be claim as quest under event quest

Each golem have 3 heart and increasing very time it is killed

First heart can kill by marble bag (only): ---------------------------------------30 marble =1 bag --------- 1 bag kill 50 heart
    Second heart can kill by ropes (alternative can also kill by marble)--------------20 wheat =1 ropes----------1 rope kill 50 heart
    Third heart can kill by bucket (alternative can also kill by marble or ropes)-------50 water = 1 bucket--------1 bucket kill 50 heart
    ~~~~~~~~All marble bag ropes and bucket can be make from provision house~~~~~~~~~

Golem heart

----------------First heart------------second heart-----------third heart
    Golem 1------------1k-------------------1.5k--------------------2k (Fact)
    Golem 2------------2k-------------------3k----------------------4k (Fact)
    Golem 3------------6k-------------------9k---------------------12k (Fact)
    Golem 4------------24k------------------36k--------------------48k (Fact)
    I did not get to Golem 5 but from the calculate i have
    Golem 5-----------120k-----------------180k--------------------240k (estimate)
    Golem 6-----------720k-----------------1080k-------------------1440k (estimate)
    Golem 7-----------5040k----------------7560k-------------------10080k (estimate)
    Golem 8-----------40320k---------------60480k------------------80640k (estimate)

This calculation base on the heart of current golem time number of next golem
    Example:
    golem 2 have 2k of first heart time by 3 equal 6k
    golem 3 have 3k of second heart time by 3 equal 9k

Those estimate can be wrong and hope it is wrong if u guy have any fact on Golem 5, 6, 7, 8, please reply
    Last edited by Duong_TonThat; 13.09.13 at 22:17.
    DT

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Duong_TonThat View Post
    Inferno Golem

First heart can kill by marble bag (only): ---------------------------------------30 marble =1 bag --------- 1 bag kill 50 heart
    Second heart can kill by ropes (alternative can also kill by marble)--------------20 wheat =1 ropes----------1 rope kill 50 heart
    Third heart can kill by bucket (alternative can also kill by marble or ropes)-------50 water = 1 bucket--------1 bucket kill 50 heart
    ~~~~~~~~All marble bag ropes and bucket can be make from provision house~~~~~~~~~
    Second heart alternative: marble bag ---1 marble bag kills 20 hearts
    Third heart alternative: marble bag -----1 marble bag kills 5 hearts
    Third heart alternative: rope------------1 rope kills 20 hearts

I've not got any definite figures for the golems, but I came up with the same estimated figures.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 13.09.13 at 21:14.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Although not much is known how it exactly works, the golem-concept might be a pretty smart move.

If everyone has to battle the golems with the mentioned costs, you clearly are not meant to get to level 10. The rewards for defeating a golem are ok, but not spectacular. Nothing special you miss out when you cant get to golem 4 or 5 (or even beyond), there are no special buildings or übercool goodies.

With the steep rise in cost, it means the big players might get to say golem 6. But a small player still could get to level 3, certainly with a little help. That means it's not so important what our big players do. Unlike the balloon-event, the big players can not donate 100x as much as the smaller players. Even if they spend 100x as much, they only contribute maybe twice as many golems. That reduces the importance of big players, and gets the newer players much more involved since their contribution actually makes a big difference.

Activity and participation from all players is much more valued and important. Working together, helping the little ones get Golem 3 and maybe 4 done, that's what counts. I'de rather be on a newer but still enthousiastic server then on an old server with probably more inactive players. The level 50's wont save the day if the rest doesn't join in.

If that's how it works, then it's a pretty good idea. Dont look at the rediculous costs of the higher level golems, they're not meant to be defeated. It's a bit guessing on how it's meant to work, and of course lots of things could go wrong. But it is an interesting concept

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I think the first reaction to the resource costs of the golems was probably shock, since it's such a steep increase, although obviously you are not meant to kill that many golems by yourself. It might help if it was mitigated a bit for the live servers; for instance adding together all the previous hitpoints to give the next total.

1. 1k 1.5k 2k
    2. 2k 3k 4k
    3. 3k 4.5k 6k
    4. 6k 9k 12k
    5. 12k 18k 24k
    6. 24k 36k 48k
    7. 48k 64k 96k

This would make it challenging, but less of a deal-breaker. I am all for activity and participation, and it will probably be fun to help other people to slay their golems, but it needs to keep people motivated for the whole event. If people have decided not to 'waste resources' on slaying golems because of the steep increase, it will actually be counterproductive as they probably won't even bother to slay the first one.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 14.09.13 at 07:23.

World
    Sandycove
    I feel if your in a guild of say 50 like me as long as EVERY member does at least 2 to get the 100 for guild quest pumpkin thing. I will be happy.
    However anyone that knows me 2 wont be enough lol im gonna see how many I can do just out of interest (like with balloon-mania) Its only a personal goal.
    and yes do like the concept of how ok the rises in costs are a bit extreme, however it does mean that high levels (like me) have to work our best to get the resources in to do this as many times as possible if they so wish to. As well as catering for low level players to take part also.

AND I suspect with every event your going to get the haters and moaners and profiteers and your going to get the crazy people like me who set personal goals as a challenge
    But we do know in advance what is going to be needed and bear in mind things can change before it comes over to the live servers.

Bring on Halloween, if your in a guild at least kill the minimum your guild requires you to, to get the bonus pumpkins.
    After all being in a guild is meant to be about team work not freeloaders just saving up guild coins from no actual effort, as a guild you are a TEAM and your there to help each other out if needed whether if be advice resources or what the heck being there as a mate.

all I know is im gonna need a lot of marble/wheat/water to see how far I can get with this monster and if the prices do get to extreme I will be very disappointed with those people on the Trade office but it is to be expected as they are always there ready to jump on supply and demand and extreme prices

World
    Sandycove
    Fortunately the hitpoints max out at level 5. So level 6 and above have the same amount of hitpoints as level 5.
    See http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post238108

Also, please post additional feedback in the above thread, so it can be more easily gathered.

[ Thread closed ]

Thanks,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 14.09.13 at 10:19.

Closed Thread