Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild leaders' group?

World
    Newfoundland

Guild leaders' group?

Just wondering, do we have a group set up for guild leaders? I've just succeeded to the leadership of EVOlution - forgive me if it's been going forever, and I just don't know...

With Hallowe'en coming up, might it be a good idea? (if there isn't one). I'm remembering the EotW group, where I was EVO's rep - helped a *lot* to have somewhere to discuss guides, get encouragement, and disseminate info back to our respective guilds. And G4 was great for the blasted balloons...

There's also... 'I have kicked {name} for... whatever reason' ... and
    'I've seen {name} from your guild behaving like a prat in trade, you might want to have a word?'...
    and doubtless other scenarios I'm not able to think of at the moment

Soooo... if the group exists, may I have an invite? And if it doesn't, should it?

World
    Newfoundland
    well...okay...

This was a suggestion to the Guild Leaders on the Newfoundland Realm that we get together to form a forum group, originally posted in the 'Discussion' area of the Newfoundland forum as it was a subject for discussion on the Newfoundland Realm.... however, the thread has been moved here 'Since there is no such thing as a Group Leaders Group'

Still a subject for discussion, tho

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Vervain
    Its a good idea and if you create one I will join it for sure. I am not always active on the forum but I will drop in on a regular basis especially if the subscribe to threat tool also allows you to subscribe to group updates.
    Although you say for Leaders I would suggest its Leaders and Officers. For instance in our Guild I have re-named all Officers as Leaders as we like to think its a collective rather than a Leadership of 1.
    Cheers
    fish

World
    Newfoundland
    Rather than 'leaders', then, how about we ask for one rep from each guild, who can keep an eye on it and pass info both ways?

World
    Newfoundland
    I'd be interested. I think it would be a good idea to have a place where guild leaders can share information.

Cheers
    MumofFreddie

World
    Newfoundland
    Any more interest? I'll be happy to set it up, if so

*love* that cat, MumofFreddie

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The "guild rep" idea is better. A lot of guild leaders do not visit here.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes love this idea ... share some frustrations and ideas!! whether leader or rep ... I am in if you start one :-))

World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be enough interest to warrant setting this up

Let's revisit the idea in a few weeks' time - maybe on a new thread in the 'Discussion' area of the Newfoundland Realm?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm not interested in such a group for 2 reasons:

* it's not clear how/where you want to organize it. Is it just for leaders? How do you give them access, are you thinking about a chat-channel or a part of the forum?

* I dont see the point of sharing information with just the leaders. That means you set them apart from the other members. If my leader knows something, I dont want him to share it with other leaders, I want him to share it with the rest of the guild. Or with the entire community if it's something that concerns the game. I think leadership is not about having more information then others, but doing better things with the information.

But that's just my view. I guess there would be more people interested, if you can come up with a bit better idea how/where you want to organize it. If people can see how it would work, they might get enthousiast. Now it's just too vague I think.

Reply to Thread