Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: [Guide] Detailed combat guide

  1. #11
    Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Durin_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    FIN
    Posts
    689
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    For enemy troops, they are attacked by your troops in the order shown in the camp's graphic from left to right, except when that order is overridden by Attacks Weakest. So, in the example battle above, the Boars are attacked first until they are all dead, then the Wolves are attacked, then the Foxes and finally the Unicorn boss. However cavalry will attack the Foxes (who have the lowest base HP) first, then the Wolves, etc.
    Does enybody know if the new pop-up shows the bandits in the order in which they are attacked?

  2. #12
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    Killste's thread of collected adventures has several millions of views. You really don't think the guides in that thread are about as optimised as it's possible to get them???

    Your intentions are good, but if considering the reason you give, it's a waste of time. That's undoubtly why no one even cares to reply. Sorry.
    No they are not because each setup is different and tweaks make the adventure better playable or even cheaper.
    Besides that, guides generally contain errors, unintended but if you can spot that typo you can easily help yourself out.

    well yes... if you dont want to think, just follow the guides as they are :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    Does enybody know if the new pop-up shows the bandits in the order in which they are attacked?
    Yes, they do not show up in attack-order, it seems to be pretty random to me. just make sure you check for first-strike or last-strike

  3. #13
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2
    World
    Sandycove
    Gerontius thanks for this guide!

  4. #14
    Enlightened Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    867
    World
    Northisle
    Guide updated to reflect the fact that the game no longer tells you the combat order: you have to use a simulator to find out

    Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

    Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

  5. #15
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,027
    World
    Northisle
    Not seen this before it bounced to the New Posts section. Great work Gerontius. Killste's guides are great if you simply want to follow a recipe of send this, attack with that, lose this, job done. This tries to help players understand why those troops are sent etc. Drives me nuts just how many cannot work attacks out from first principles.

  6. #16
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,258
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    Killste's thread of collected adventures has several millions of views. You really don't think the guides in that thread are about as optimised as it's possible to get them???

    Your intentions are good, but if considering the reason you give, it's a waste of time. That's undoubtly why no one even cares to reply. Sorry.
    I totally disagree. I use guides all the time (usually from the online Wiki) but if you take the time there are huge variations possible. I sometimes switch bows/recruits for example because I consider bows the cheapest to make (only needing pinewood) even though it takes more time to make the weapons it's worth it to me. Also I may add waves, remove waves, use an MMA in a wave to reduce the loss from the final attack, lots of different techniques. I will combine different versions of guides from many different sources to change attack order, troops, generals, etc.

    The payoff has been in almost every adventure I lose less troops than the guides indicate. In some cases just a very few less losses, but less is more. A good understanding of the battle mechanics helps you find situations where you can improve.

    Thanks Gerontius - this was very well done and even though I've played for a year I got a couple of items out of it. Cheers!
    Last edited by Xibor; 02.11.15 at 22:32.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

  7. #17
    Skilled Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    49
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I totally disagree. I use guides all the time (usually from the online Wiki) but if you take the time there are huge variations possible. I sometimes switch bows/recruits for example because I consider bows the cheapest to make (only needing pinewood) even though it takes more time to make the weapons it's worth it to me. Also I may add waves, remove waves, use an MMA in a wave to reduce the loss from the final attack, lots of different techniques. I will combine different versions of guides from many different sources to change attack order, troops, generals, etc.

    The payoff has been in almost every adventure I lose less troops than the guides indicate. In some cases just a very few less losses, but less is more. A good understanding of the battle mechanics helps you find situations where you can improve.

    Thanks Gerontius - this was very well done and even though I've played for a year I got a couple of items out of it. Cheers!
    I'm also doing it like this. In many guides you're able to switch units and also play with the waves for fewer losses.
    Last edited by Escape_Artist; 03.11.15 at 10:54.

  8. #18
    Pathfinder blewboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3
    World
    Newfoundland
    i like the idea but the simulator does not have the elite units included so i can`t work out if there will be any future value

  9. #19
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,690
    World
    Sandycove
    It does not matter if a guide is optimised or not. Not all guides get updated when new Generals arrive, less popular adventures don't see that many revisions the guide writers are too busy keeping up with the popular ones. It maybe they don't have a particular adventure to test with which is possibly true with Event adventures like Garrun or Eotw. So it's threads like this we have to turn to if we want to run say Eotw using Dracul and Mods.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

  10. #20
    Enlightened Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    867
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by blewboy View Post
    i like the idea but the simulator does not have the elite units included so i can`t work out if there will be any future value
    Which simulator are you using?

    Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

    Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. [Guide] Combat Guide & FAQ
    By KillerCore in forum Game Guides
    Replies: 481
    Last Post: 19.09.18, 07:31
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30.11.15, 12:03
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14.01.15, 08:50
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08.09.14, 10:15
  5. [Guide] The Stolen Sleigh Veteran Cannon Guide by Toastkid
    By toastkid in forum Adventure Guides
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27.12.13, 12:38

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.