Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Collectible Items Appear!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Anyone who has cleared all the fog (remember that?) from their home island has a totally redundant 'explore sector' button on their explorers.

Wouldn't it be nice if that button could be used to send an explorer to hunt for collectibles?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Don't want to lose the military tab from mayors. It does the job perfectly, don't have to keep hovering mouse over dodgy toolbar only for it to disappear again.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    How would it be a problem adding a tab for collectibles WITHOUT removing the military tab? Also, by the way it looks on test, the collectible tab is missing a listing of the individual collectible items. The only way to see how many you have collected of each ingredient is to scroll through the various buffs and see the individual components used for each buff.

BB has been doing this whenever new stuff is introduced. No wonder new players are so confused, there is no consistency. The bookbinder menu could have perfectly well been similar to the provision house or barracks. But nope, instead we get a completely different system with no explanation as to why it must be any different. I mostly dislike the fact that there is no production bar, but only a timer which most inconveniently covers up all the items in the building. That way a player can't prepare for their next production by checking that they have the materials needed (since the prices are hidden under the timer). And I never get why stuff can't just go to the place where they're supposed to go without extra clicking. It's nice to have a notification that the bookbinder is idle so you remember to assign the next one, but the 'pick up' button really serves no function. Why won't the item just get added to the stock when it completes?

Now, with the introduction of collectibles, there is again a different sort of system. it has the pick-up button like in the bookbinder, but a production bar like in the provision house. However, there is no 'store house' view of the collectible items, the tab in the mayor's house is solely for the production of the collections (collectibles&collections, someone really made sure there will be the most confusion possible between the terms!). Why we're not getting a new building (a 'Collector' I take it would be called :P) is beyond me. It could work like the bookbinder, showing a sign when a collectib-- erm, collection is complete. Thus the tab in the mayor's house could be a standard store house view of the collectibles like it is for any other resources. I would not like to see the military tab gone though, so I don't see it as a problem if collectio... uh, collectibles got listed in the same tab with basic resources. That tab is currently quite empty, and I gather collectibles start popping up quite early on (from lv16?).

I'm not particularly keen on getting the collectibles, point-and-click type of playing is NOT why I like TSO. But as long as they're not causing problems (blocking buildings, creating server lag, etc) I don't really mind. I can just ignore their presence, pick one if it catches my eye and otherwise keep playing as I've played so far. But even if the feature itself is not really important to me, whatever it is BB decides to add to the game, I'd like to see it be functional and well thought out. Currently, by my experience from test server, there's still issues with both aspects.
    Last edited by King-Fero; 29.09.13 at 08:34. Reason: spelling

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    So long as you can handle the idea of not finding every single one, I quite like collectibles. They're something to look around for while waiting for mines/wells/fields to rebuild.

World
    Sandycove
    I don't use military tab, soz but i just don't and never have. Far easier for me to hover over population tab as it shows more content than the military tab. It shows who's assigned etc

My main concern is that my island is near to capacity with buildings, and I have not the best eyesight. So 2 things combined will leave me at a disadvantage.

World
    Newfoundland
    my only guess is that there have been staff changes (some time before bookmaker). new people, new ideas..

World
    Northisle
    Nice idea, but it does feel like you're rushing this to keep people entertained while waiting for other things. And as for removing the military tab, please don't. I like the tab. The window stays and I can check it easily. The tool tip is terrible.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    when will this go live in the UK?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by tombear View Post
    when will this go live in the UK?
    According to post below this week:

UPDATE (1/10/2013): There has been a change to the plan-- please see the edited details below.

3/10/2013 - Collectible Items (change log here)
    10/10/2013 - Regular Maintenance
    17/10/2013 - Halloween Event! (dev diary here)

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    It is more! But will it add to the gameplay after "the new" has worn off? I don't think so. It's just more micromanagement after a while.

Reply to Thread