Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ??? (When will pvp be implemented)

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper9 View Post
    RonPope is absolutely right about the timeline. There will be many things deployed before pvp. But ! in a dev diary it was said that pvp will start in 2013. So we should have it december the latest. I wanted to give a link to that dev diary, but I can not find it, a conspiracy maybe?
    Update: No BB_Alpaca, I tried to find the one from the end of 2012 I think. The name of the diary was: A further look into 2013
    Im sure when i started playing it was rumored to be october 2012 lol but whenever it comes its not for everyone so those still waiting just still have to wait for when it eventually comes into the game

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Right on BB_Alpaca You are right, I have forgotten the details and those are indeed estimations. No conspiracy then, sorry

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    With the introduction of the premium-accounts it has become only harder to make a fair PvP-system, the differences between players has only increased. Whatever you think about that, it doesn't make PvP easier. It also doesn't help that the developers have had huge troubles with basic math in the past, and with balancing the game.

but fortunately PvP has been announced for 2012, postponed to the 3rd quarter of 2012, and then moved to 2013. But thats fine with me, I have 0 confidence they can do it properly. So you wont hear me compaining about the rediculous company-policy to never say anything, or the stupid "you'll be the first to find out when it's there"-concept. (hello BB, this is 2013, that concept is outdated!). In this case every day without PvP is a happy day, no need to disturb the weebles with more bugs.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post
    Then maybe this one, I think?

It is also stated in the Dev Diary that 'Please keep in mind that the final version all things mentioned above can be different and that the dates are estimations and may differ.'

Best,
    BB_Alpaca
    Wow. You are really on the Ball today BB_Alpaca. You're probably one of the most active CM I've seen who seems to be communicating with us with information.

The 2013 news is really interesting. That "news interface" is really nice. How did I miss that Dev Diary. Then again I took a break and didn't do the Halloween event last year and only did the Christmas event really late.

Econcomic Adventures! When are we getting these things? It's 2013 and only 3 months left!!

Some very interesting screen shots!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I'm sure they'll make a new dev diary saying "Outlook for 2014" LOL.

Currently, I don't see any of the outlook 2013 yet.

Edit: I take that back. the only thing I see they did out of that list is the science system. Which is kind of not going so well right now. With the cost of books being too much. I think the cost of Tomes consuming too many manuscripts is really the big bottle neck. I think if they changed Tomes to consistently use only 1 manuscript that is going to be fair and balanced. It's bad enough that the cost of the resources for tomes increases. and cost of manuscript resources increases. Codecs seems to be okay for now.
    Last edited by RonPope; 20.09.13 at 18:55.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I thought Microsoft had stopped development of Outlook.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    For PvP the attack-defense mechanism needs diversity before implementation which basically means the military skill tree must come first (I'm also guessing that star coin attack buffs might be a pseudo way of testing some ideas before they go much further with the actual military skills).

By that I mean that variety needs to be added to the way attacks are planned and therefore the way attacks are defended against:
    With the current system the simulators would quickly work out the best defenders (let's say 200 elites for example) and the best attackers (let's say 80 elite 190 cannons)... defender loses 200 elites, attacker wins and onto the next camp which, shock horror, is exactly the same as the simulators have already dictated the best camp setups.
    Now if you throw in military skills (higher defense, shifted initiative (first strike rather than normal etc), higher attack, larger troops, faster movement, spies/sabotage, whatever) you manage to open an entire new tactical edge to that equation... yes the sims might suggest shifted initiative/higher def cannons vs most attacks (only achievable with defense based skill set) and yet an attack based skill set (larger troops, higher attack) might nuke that yet leave the attacker vulnerable if they came to defending the won island.
    Without that diversity, PvP simply could not work.

So, basically we are looking at xmas or beyond for home-island skill trees and then feb/march for military before we even get a sniff at PvP - prior to that we might get to play with a few star-coin attack buffs to use against bandits on our adventures...

Mostly conjecture, don't blame me if I'm right
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post
    [COLOR="navy"
    It is also stated in the Dev Diary that 'Please keep in mind that the final version all things mentioned above can be different and that the dates are estimations and may differ.'

Best,
    BB_Alpaca[/COLOR]
    I think this comment is important to bear in mind. Would you prefer a badly-designed and implemented pvp in 2013, or a well-designed and implemented pvp in 2014? The date wasn't cast in stone, it was an estimate based on the information and work-flow that BB probably had at the time. If we are waiting for pvp anyway, I'd prefer to wait a tiny bit longer for something that works well. Also, we have had a lot of new features added to the game in recent months and there is only so much that the developers can produce at one time.

Behind a big rock under the bridge in the deepest woods.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just for fun i looked at a bit older posts and i found what i thought i had read at one point.....

From Dev Diary July/august 2012...

Estimated for the end of 2012 / 1st quarter of 2013
    Weekly guild quests
    Personal guild quests
    New mail window
    Filters for the star menu – that will put things in order, finally you can filter away all that stuff away you don’t care about...
    PVP

Still no mentioning of any date for pvp, but in end 2012 / first quarter 2013 is kinda passed i think..

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    I think this comment is important to bear in mind. Would you prefer a badly-designed and implemented pvp in 2013, or a well-designed and implemented pvp in 2014? The date wasn't cast in stone, it was an estimate based on the information and work-flow that BB probably had at the time. If we are waiting for pvp anyway, I'd prefer to wait a tiny bit longer for something that works well. Also, we have had a lot of new features added to the game in recent months and there is only so much that the developers can produce at one time.
    LOL. Based on everything they've done so far and put up on the test server. I have to say we need to wait until 2015. :-)
    They can't seem to get anything right when they post it on test server. I have to say at least some things they listen to the feedback and make changes like the FTA and collectibles. But other times they totally ignore the feedback and post it anyways. Maybe rushed out?

Reply to Thread