Reply to Thread

Thread: Babysitting accounts

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Babysitting accounts

Many of us have tried to come back after even just a few days of not playing, to see everything has stopped on the island.

My suggestion is to be able to give someone "babysitting" privileges from inside the game.
    Let's say player 1 needs to go on holiday for 2 weeks. He can then appoint someone to be a babysitter (player 2), and from a control panel give permissions as to what player 2 can do on the island. He could be allowed to build buildings, send explorers, trade and so on. Player 1 just need to allow which things player 2 can do on his/hers behalf.
    Player 2 can get a possibility to "visit" player 1 like always, but now player 2 can do more than buff buildings.

This way it doesn't need to take the most of a day to rebuild the entire island back to working again.

To prevent abuse, the babysitting could be for a limited time as well, say 3 weeks and then player 2 cannot babysit player 1's island for the next six months or one year.

I'm pretty sure someone already helps out each other, but it has to be with the users name and password.

World
    Sandycove
    cant see this being allowed also im sure its against rules to give others your login info also.
    but is good idea i suppose

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I want to be able to do it from within the game. Maybe even a mail to BB is required to let them know that someone else is babysitting the account.
    This is to counter the account info being given to someone else to watch an account while someone is away on holiday

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm not keen on the idea of having someone babysit my account. I played another game where that was possible and many 'babysitters' used their access rights to upgrade buildings and provide themselves with useful resources. I would much prefer a vacation mode where everything is paused.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I believe 'vacation mode' kicks-in after 24hrs of inactivity... (Always has done)

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    So many things can wrong it is un believable.

What happens if your econo y gets ruined by additional/destroyed buildings?

What happens if the baby sitter sells all your resources?

I have not logged into my game since Tuesday for some unrelated Rockstar reason. If friends have buffed any of my buildings it will mean every deposit finding and rebuilding along with my fields. It will only take best part of 4 hours, not that much of a price to pay for having lots of resources in my storehouse.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    I believe 'vacation mode' kicks-in after 24hrs of inactivity... (Always has done)
    Yes, it does all shut down. Another option is to manually pause everything, as I did; means you come back to less devastation and you can stagger the rebuilding of wells, mines, fields etc. However a 'pause everything with one button' option would also be nice.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    So many things can wrong it is un believable.

What happens if your econo y gets ruined by additional/destroyed buildings?

What happens if the baby sitter sells all your resources?

I have not logged into my game since Tuesday for some unrelated Rockstar reason. If friends have buffed any of my buildings it will mean every deposit finding and rebuilding along with my fields. It will only take best part of 4 hours, not that much of a price to pay for having lots of resources in my storehouse.
    That is why you should be able to give them certain permissions. You should be able to tell exactly what they can and can't do on your island. They should only be able to do the things you allow. If you don't want them to be able to trade your resources, then you should have the possibility to block that. If you don't want them to be able to move or destroy buildings, then you should be able to block that etc.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    lord of ultima has this sort of set up.

its great.

Reply to Thread