Reply to Thread

Thread: Tool production which way is best

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Tool production which way is best

ok guys i feel i need to send this as all of your guys are wasting licences in my eyes, in your tool production, so below are the 2 different ways to produce tools and after u have read i feel u will understand..

there are 2 ways to make tools

option 1
    to make tools with tool maker u need the following,

1x tool maker, (1 licence) to supply the tool maker u need
    1x copper smelter,(1 licence) to supply copper smelter u need
    1x copper mine, and 1 coking plant,(2 licences) to supply coking plant u need
    1x pine cutter (1 licence) to supply pine cutter u need
    1x forester (1 licence
    in total it takes 6 licences to make tools using tool maker and keeping it supplied

option 2
    make tools in provision house cost pine wood planks and stone

1 x pinewood sawmill (1 licence) to supply sawmill u need
    1 x pine wood cutter (1 licences) to supply pine wood cutter u need
    1 x forester (1 licence)
    1 x stone mason (1 licence)
    total of 4 licences,
    production time with level 5 provision house is 3 minutes for 1250 tools

i use option 2, as i already had them built when i first started playing, and better to use them for tools, instead
    of destroying later in the game when there is no other use for stones and pinewood planks plus coal is very much needed and it save 2 licence less per tool maker
    many thanks
    Last edited by Warlordac; 24.09.13 at 12:48.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    interesting but you should add the value of the resourses to the calculation and the fact that you only have one prov house makes its time very valuable.what the production time?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    level 5 provison house it takes 3 minutes to make 1250 tools
    value of resourses is same for pine only diffence is cost of copper compared to cost of stone, and stone is cheap

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    3k pinewood and 3k stone make 1k tools. these resources sell for more that 1k tools cost already making a loss. and you cant buff your prove house to make double the amount for the same resources. if you skip out all the buildings except tool maker, buy bronze for 30-35 per k and only run tool maker buffed= tools for about 18 gc per k using only one building. 18gc is about the price of 3k stone? give or take. so your wasting alot of pinewood + provision house time. only benefit i can see is 3 mins to make 1250 tools, thats quick if your in a rush but your theory on wasted licences doesn't really work

World
    Newfoundland
    I create my tools this way but it's not because I think it optimises deed usage.

I have 1x lvl5 toolmaker and I manage to maintain 6x lvl2 copper mines and 16x lvl2 iron mines pretty much constantly, I also run 4x lvl3 gold mines every three or four days but these only run while buffed. My copper/bronze production is almost entirely dedicated to my military and science system and that part of my economy is nicely balanced with the 6x lvl2 copper mines needing just a few fish platters while I'm playing. When I'm playing slow and lazy everything ticks over and builds up with very little interaction, when I'm playing at full pace everything is balanced or overbalanced with buffs and the tools I need are available quickly on demand thanks to the provision house.

I don't need to buy anything from other players to play like this, for me it's about self-sufficiency and sustainability.

Reply to Thread