Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Important: About Gems for Friends, Premium Accounts and More

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Behaving View Post
    I was under the impression you could only trade with (after waiting a specified time) (friends) or (guide members), so how do send someone items who is not on your friends list ?
    I take it you have not played this game long....

When selling lootspots you want to finish quickly so the person selling the lootspot will list 1 fish in trade office for the required price i.e. 1 fish for 900gc the lootspot buyer will then buy and then you send the invite (which can be instantly does not need to be 24 hours) the same with giftable gems. The gems can be gifted instantly when you have added that person as a friend and you do a 1 fish trade for the coins.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Anyone else recall the horrible days of The Great Scam Wars before the vast majority of what had been 'gift only' items like Nobles were added to the Trade Office? If you wanted any of the gem items you took your choice of seller and with that took your chance. In those days chat was often miserable and there are names spoken still, though only in whisper, that cause strong players to shudder. Or throw things. Back then Nobles were... 200ish GC (Coins) and often less.

That mostly came to an end when almost everything became tradeable and while there may indeed be reasons for pulling Gems for Friends beyond the danger/reality of that kicking off again I reckon the (glaring) mistake is not so much removing gift gems as it was putting them in yet keeping them Untradeable in the first place, really just seemed to be like offering up an engraved invitation. Which is a great shame on several levels.

Refrain from Ye Badde Olde Days: "Most players are perfectly decent people, but there are always a few." Those few are enough unfortunately.

Miss_Behaving, word does get round but there are always people who don't hear, just like in real life. "Lootspots aren't supported by BB" so while most go perfectly smoothly it really is wise to know the person you trade with, or at least their reputation (whether you're buying or selling) and every now and again there's a flurry of someone behaving horribly but it's nothing like it was with 'off book' items back in the day.

The 'gift only' Geo has always puzzled me a bit, it does seem strange he didn't get added to the TO along with everything else. Unless something changes the gems for Star Coins however are a little unsettling and the giftable Premiums don't sit at all well.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 24.09.13 at 19:34.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    I take it you have not played this game long....

When selling lootspots you want to finish quickly so the person selling the lootspot will list 1 fish in trade office for the required price i.e. 1 fish for 900gc the lootspot buyer will then buy and then you send the invite (which can be instantly does not need to be 24 hours) the same with giftable gems. The gems can be gifted instantly when you have added that person as a friend and you do a 1 fish trade for the coins.
    Perfectly clear now thank you, and as you say trust is all important. It's amazing how soon they seem to have dealt with the purpertrators, it's a pity they can't sort some of the more irritating in game problems as quickly. Oh and by the way, I've be playing every day since 19th August 2012, haven't missed one day.
    Last edited by Miss_Behaving; 24.09.13 at 19:32.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Anyone else recall the horrible days of The Great Scam Wars before the vast majority of what had been 'gift only' items like Nobles were added to the Trade Office? If you wanted any of the gem items you took your choice of seller and with that took your chance. In those days chat was often miserable and there are names spoken still, though only in whisper, that cause strong players to shudder. Or throw things. Back then Nobles were... 200ish GC (Coins) and often less.

That mostly came to an end when almost everything became tradeable and while there may indeed be reasons for pulling Gems for Friends beyond the danger/reality of that kicking off again I reckon the (glaring) mistake is not so much removing gift gems as it was putting them in yet keeping them Untradeable in the first place, really just seemed to be like offering up an engraved invitation. Which is a great shame on several levels.

Refrain from Ye Badde Olde Days: "Most players are perfectly decent people, but there are always a few." Those few are enough unfortunately.

Miss_Behaving, word does get round but there are always people who don't hear, just like in real life. "Lootspots aren't supported by BB" so while most go perfectly smoothly it really is wise to know the person you trade with, or at least their reputation (whether you're buying or selling) and every now and again there's a flurry of someone behaving horribly but it's nothing like it was with 'off book' items back in the day.

The 'gift only' Geo has always puzzled me a bit, it does seem strange he didn't get added to the TO along with everything else. Unless something changes the gems for Star Coins however are a little unsettling and the giftable Premiums don't sit at all well.
    I think all above is fair comment - stop this 2 tier system for gem purchased items..

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Behaving View Post
    Perfectly clear now thank you, and as you say trust is all important. It's amazing how soon they seem to have dealt with the purpertrators, it's a pity they can't sort some of the more irritating in game problems as quickly. Oh and by the way, I've be playing every day since 19th August 2012, haven't missed one day.
    My point of all this as Iolanthe has said, BB do not support lootspot trades or selling gift items for items (coins, resource, etc) yet they know it happens and quite happily allow it to happen. There is more value in some giftable items and lootspots than the mere 200 gems so why are they taking this away yet not touching anything else? If someone was going to scam you they would be silly to do it just for the gems when they could get a lot more out of you for a lootspot or a giftable silo etc.

BB have had a happy hour and realised sales are down and pointing the finger at the giftable gems so now want to take them away... there is no doubt about that... I am not even really angry about them being taken away, it just annoys me they have to tell a lie to cover it up.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    My point of all this as Iolanthe has said, BB do not support lootspot trades or selling gift items for items (coins, resource, etc) yet they know it happens and quite happily allow it to happen. There is more value in some giftable items and lootspots than the mere 200 gems so why are they taking this away yet not touching anything else? If someone was going to scam you they would be silly to do it just for the gems when they could get a lot more out of you for a lootspot or a giftable silo etc.

BB have had a happy hour and realised sales are down and pointing the finger at the giftable gems so now want to take them away... there is no doubt about that... I am not even really angry about them being taken away, it just annoys me they have to tell a lie to cover it up.
    If it's such a serious problem why wait till 3rd October to remove the possible chance of fraud, it's only the 24th today, we have another 10 days for it to possibly continue, if at all it has happened.

World
    Newfoundland
    i can understand the problem on gem gifts issue, but why remove premium from trades? already alot of players have stored 2years+ of premium "tokens" by now, this measure is really unfair, and agains the great policy thats been followed of making things achievable by gameplay, wich, along whit a good comunity, is in in my opinion, and im sure as many others, what makes the settlers online a great game....

hope BlueBite will reconsider on the premium removal option....

♥♥♥ Thank You BB_Ravel and Dantesama! ♥♥♥

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    In my opinion the giftable gems was a horrible flawed idea: a gift to the unscrupulous and multi-accounters. I'm glad to see the back of it. As for premiums - I have no opinion yet as I'm yet to see how it will affect the game. The introduction of premium per se has certainly shaken up trade.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    BB try save something, but too late.
    they already lose a lot money with gems for friend.

They earn a most money from gem sellers. Rich (in game) players buying silo's/watermills etc. Now all rich player have own game pit. They will not buying any more gems from gem sellers. BB will lose a lot money.

If BB want fair trade.
    BB must remove from merchant Wholesale and resources categories. Also They need remove gift options

But BB will keep both categories, and they will add new gems for frined options.
    BB lie us

World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to see BB more carrying about their players & their expectations. I do think that as a developer of a game one of your purpose is to make your customers happy. Just try to understand that aiming for getting more money(a game is a bussiness) can lead to loose players and I really don't think that this is your goal... Any item should be treadable and those who are smart enough to get them without using item mall should be appreciated not to be punished by taking those gems out from item mall.

Reply to Thread