Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cancel adventure message

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Cancel adventure message

I accidentally clicked to cancel an adventure... I got a warning message telling me that I would lose the adventure and did I want to proceed..... the two options?

"Okay" or "Cancel"

Apparently I had to press cancel to avoid cancelling. Very confusing. We could do with a better choice of options.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave231 View Post
    I accidentally clicked to cancel an adventure... I got a warning message telling me that I would lose the adventure and did I want to proceed..... the two options?

"Okay" or "Cancel"

Apparently I had to press cancel to avoid cancelling. Very confusing. We could do with a better choice of options.
    Yes it's all to easy to get carried away when sending many generals, click, click, click and before you know it you've clicked the cancel button instead of send army.

Done it many times, and yes it is confusing the first time, shall I shan't I ??? what to do. I think YES or NO would be much clearer.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    *spent the whole of EotW refreshing instead of choosing, just to be sure*

This has been asked so many times and seems such a simple and helpful change. If altering the "OK/Cancel" template just for Advs is too tricky changing the question from:

to something like what's seen when trying to "abandon" and "delete" a quest in the Book would do very nicely:

Last edited by Iolanthe; 24.09.13 at 20:09.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Behaving View Post
    Yes it's all to easy to get carried away when sending many generals, click, click, click and before you know it you've clicked the cancel button instead of send army.

Done it many times, and yes it is confusing the first time, shall I shan't I ??? what to do. I think YES or NO would be much clearer.
    I'm with you Yes or No is much more straightforward or even better combine it with Iolanthe's suggestion Are you sure you want to abandon this quest .. Yes (I do) No (I don't)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Not clear warning for Cancel adventure

Hi,
    By mistake I pressed "Cancel adventure" on running adv. The popup I got was saying like "do you really want to cancel adventure .... " . Then I could press OK or Cancel. It was not very clear if Cancel means cancelling adventure or exiting from popup without any changes. I'd change it to Yes/ No

Thanks

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe merge this thread with this one Cancel-adventure-message

--------
    This post and the post directly above were moved to this thread. Thanks Hairy

Cheers,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 01.10.13 at 12:04.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Because my mouse is pretty much dying, it sometimes double click when it shouldn't. Not to say that the "CANCEL adventure" option is positioned SOOOOOOOO damn bad at the end of the queue, but today, I started 2 adventures and, trying to get to "visit" them, I got the cancellation message. First time I pressed "cancel", and my adventure was cancelled, and I said "damn, ok, I am the stupid one". Second time, I pressed "OK".... and guess what? IT CANCELLED MY ADVENTURE!!! SO it's a damn trap!! no matter what we choose, it does cancel the adventure! I want a refund for my 2 adventures!

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsign View Post
    Because my mouse is pretty much dying, it sometimes double click when it shouldn't. Not to say that the "CANCEL adventure" option is positioned SOOOOOOOO damn bad at the end of the queue, but today, I started 2 adventures and, trying to get to "visit" them, I got the cancellation message. First time I pressed "cancel", and my adventure was cancelled, and I said "damn, ok, I am the stupid one". Second time, I pressed "OK".... and guess what? IT CANCELLED MY ADVENTURE!!! SO it's a damn trap!! no matter what we choose, it does cancel the adventure! I want a refund for my 2 adventures!
    That is obviously not true as I have just tested if you click cancel adventure and then get a popup saying okay or cancel and click cancel the adventure will NOT cancel. As you have already explained you are having problems with your mouse and more than likely clicked okay.

You have also said the first one you clicked ok so that was your fault at best if there is a bug only the second adventure needs refunding.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I got caught with this too, and it was pretty annoying. Yes or no would solve the problem.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Behaving View Post
    +1

Reply to Thread